What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Disc 2 Track 4 - “Pigs…(In There)”

A family saying as I used to play this in the car with my kids. Hey dad - what pigs…(in there).

Brilliant.

1 Like

Bryan Ferry - Taxi (2022 Reissue)

13 Likes

Haydn. The Paris Symphonies. Tuneful, enjoyable, easy listening.

5 Likes

:+1: :wink:

1 Like

Listening to this CD on my old Denon M31 as my Naim kit has been packed up & returned, long time since I listened to a CD and also FM, sounds remarkably good in to my Spendors and a bit of an eye opener really, think it cost about €400 around 15 years ago!

7 Likes

Those little Denon systems are very good, I have owned a couple, currently I have the M41 in my Welsh cave

2 Likes

Classic Can, a masterpiece.
UK first press.

11 Likes

The start of a listening project. I have approximately 180 live albums on CD, and it’s my intention to work through them in alphabetical order of artist/band etc… This might take some time… but first up, due to the name on the album is 801, which was Phil Manzanera’s, of Roxy Music fame, side project. Recorded in 1976… it gets lavish praise.

8 Likes

Great album! I was a mere boy when I bought this on release. Still adore it.

Also recommend the later (unofficial?) companion, duplicates some tracks, adds others: More Head

1 Like

I was playing that yesterday! Brilliant live album…

2 Likes

Cat Stevens- Tea For The Tillerman (Deluxe)

23 Likes

I haven’t got enough years left to listening to my entire album collection. A sobering thought.

4 Likes

Margo Cilker – Valley Of Heart’s Delight
CD|2023

folk/country/americana is my best guess. even has some brass thrown in (keep it on a burner).

6 Likes

LP2 from this box set…

2001 vinyl release… :grinning: :notes: :sunglasses: :+1:t3:

19 Likes

Destroyer - Labyrinthitis. As usual, New Order are a clear influence on this 2020 release from Destroyer.

2 Likes

I have that 801 record on cassette, probably bought it because of the Roxy connection and good reviews as you mentioned - I’ve hardly played it though. Same story with Pere Ubu’s Modern Dance and a few others.

The stuff we buy and hardly listen to, jeez!

It’s just the Live albums I’m including in this project… My personal passion. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I think I might struggle even with live albums. A great project - interesting to see what gets your top rating.

Exactly… part of this project, to go through my Live albums and listen to all of them.

Oh god, I feel a spreadsheet coming on! :joy:

3 Likes