What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Just Finishing…

Lord Huron - Strange Trails

Ben Schneider (Guitar, Harmonica, Vocals), Buck Vernon (Vocals), Claude Fox (Vocals), H.W. Justine (Vocals), Jessica Maros (Vocals), Mark Barry (Drums), Miguel Briseno (Bass Guitar, Keyboards, Vocals), Remy Fusil (Vocals), Tom Renaud (Guitar, Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… kicked off this morning with Lord Huron ‘Strange Trails’ and the band is sounding mighty sweet!

12 Likes

Beirut – Hadsel
CD|2023

3 Likes

Horslips - Happy to Meet, Sorry to Part (1973)

A reminder from the band’s Facebook page that their debut is now 50 years old so I had to play it.
I was still in school and bought the concertina shaped cover and vinyl on release.

The first line of the AMG review says to “Get ready for the ride of your life through Irish folk-rock styles…”.

Many happy memories.

7 Likes

Sting - The Dream Of The Blue Turtles. (1985).

Nice bit jazz rock with Sting still on top of his song writing game.

30 Likes

The Hoax | Humdinger | 1998
Possibly the best British blues band that nobody (apart from a few stalwarts on here) have ever heard of. Such a shame because in IMHO they could and should have been a significant band. Several years since they’ve been played so out they come.

3 Likes

That’s a sad thought, but true for a lot of people on here, enjoy while you can

1 Like

Third, second and first.

2 Likes

Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway - CD

21 Likes

Now playing…

Robert Plant & Alison Krauss - Raise The Roof

Alison Krauss (Vocals, Fiddle), Robert Plant (Vocals), Bill Frisell (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar), David Hidalgo (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Jarana), Marc Ribot (Acoustic Guitar, Banjo, Dobro, Electric Guitar, Bass Guitar), Colin Linden (Dobro), Buddy Miller (Electric Mandolin, Guitar), Russ Pahl (Pedal Steel Guitar, Bass Guitar), Stuart Duncan (Banjo, Cello, Fiddle, Mandolin), T Bone Burnett (Six-string Bass, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Mellotron, Vocals), Dennis Crouch (Upright Bass), Viktor Krauss (Upright Bass, Mellotron), Jeff Taylor (Bass Accordion, Dolceola, Marxophone, Piano), Lucinda Williams (Vocals) and Jay Bellerose (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this morning with Alison and Robert and the talented musicians working with them and they are sounding sublime! One very fine album!

24 Likes

Yep same here, so much music and not enough time left.

4 Likes

The other sobering thought is if you have no offspring, what do you do with your collection, that for most of us, has taken years to collect, so more reason to enjoy.

4 Likes

This is probably a very good topic for a new thread.

4 Likes

Paul Giovanni & Magnet - The Wicker Man soundtrack - one of those soundtracks that make a great album.

@Dreadatthecontrols following your viewing.

5 Likes

Corn rigs and barley rigs, corn rigs are bonny… Great film, great music.

1 Like

Thin Lizzy - Live And Dangerous, ummed and ahhed a bit as to whether I should purchase the 8 cd box set, but I think there is just a bit too much repetition, so this is just fine.

25 Likes

The Third Mind – The Third Mind
CD|2020

Really late to the party on this one, but thanks to those that still post it. Really awesome. Looking forward to playing their second album later.

14 Likes

I always think about Wyatt when I’m in Suffolk. Nowhere in England makes a better sausage roll than Suffolk I reckon.

Chris Difford was just on local telly, prompting this not played in ages.

Essential Squeeze

:heart:

17 Likes

Nils Lofgren. Live CD. 1997.

Bought this on the strength of enthusiastic reviews a few years ago. It’s pleasant, but for acoustic , folky, bluesy live stuff, the late Isaac Guillory blows him away imho. I may not be quite comparing apples with apples. Just my views.

17 Likes

Steve
My brother in law used to manage them I think the album was on East West .
I must ask him what happened to them .There was high expectations but it didnt quite materialise. Alan is managing Robin Trower and Sari Shorr at the moment and has a label
Manhatton Records.

2 Likes