What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Bill Wyman - his eponymous solo album, which features the surprise hit “(Si Si) Je Suis Un Rock Star”.

3 Likes

CD rip of the 50th Anniversary rerelease. This one’s been burning in for 9 years and I’m just about getting there.

8 Likes

Future Days…desert island disc.

4 Likes

Sunderland gig discs.

19 Likes

looping ambient from late 80’s

3 Likes

Loved the Banshees since 1978 but always shied away from their last album, thinking it can’t possibly be good…until now.

What took me so long?
For the last blast of a great band, though it’s not Hyeana or The Scream, I’m really liking this.

SATB
The Rapture
Wonderland half-speed reissue.

Followed by the great Rallies on 'phones before bed (it’s been a long Black Friday weekend, knackered)

Les Rallize Dénudés
Heavier Than A Death In The Family
Phoenix numbered release.

Distortion-overload relaxation for mind and body.

7 Likes

On CD-rip:

14 Likes

Taylor Swift - 1989 - CD

Taylor Swift was at No.1 on the US album chart with her fifth studio album '1989" On this day in 2014

8 Likes

The Alan Parsons Project - I Robot - CD

18 Likes

Izo Fitzroy

4 Likes

RIP Geordie Walker - the brilliant guitarist from Killing Joke who inspired Kevin Shields from MBV among others. I played this album to death when it first came out in 1985 and Love Like Blood is still one of my favourite ever singles

9 Likes

Thelonious Monk - The Genius ( a Giants Of Jazz compilation cd 1999).

Just the mood lifting job as I potter about the house feeling like crap.

9 Likes

51veh5M14AL.AC

Sade - Diamond Life.

The 1984 debut album from Sade, containing one of my all time favourite top ten choons.

The final track on the album, “Why Can’t We Live Together”, just gives me goosebumps every time, as it slowly builds up with the long instrumental intro, until Sade makes her appearance 2 minutes in.

Just wunnerful. :notes: :musical_note:

30 Likes

Bunch of CDs apparently lost in the post :disappointed::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:. Something calming…

24 Likes

great choice @dave-marshall I also love this killer track :ok_hand:

3 Likes

16 Likes

The Beach Boys - All Summer Long - CD

Lets have a bit of summer, the weather’s awful outside.

11 Likes

I love Jim Hall.

6 Likes

Leo Takami - Next Door. Laid back, upbeat jazz meanderings from the Tokyo based pianist and guitarist.

2 Likes

Got a tip to listen to her today as her voice reminds a friend of my wife’s voice. Couldn’t quite here it (nice voice though!), but my 4 year old suddenly asked from another room if her mommy is home and what she’s singing. :musical_note:

2 Likes