What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

On CD:-

The Tony Williams Lifetime - Emergency!

11 Likes

Now Playing…

Peter Gabriel - I/O (Dark Side Mix)

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… kicking off this Wednesday morning with Peter’s I/O Dark Side Mix version and he along with his large and talented group of musicians working with him are sounding mighty sweet!

15 Likes

@Rigsby21 Thanks for that. 1st listen in 30 odd years.

1 Like

None more surprised than me. Rather decent.

7 Likes

I hope that is a finger or thumb!!

Matthew Halsall - “When the World Was One”.

A Christmas gift from in-laws. A wonderful album and usual quality Gondwana recording / pressing. :trumpet:

9 Likes

Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band. Nine Tonight. 2X Vinyl.

" …1976’s exceptional Live Bullet, had launched Bob Seger’s career, and Seger returned to the format a second time five years later with 1981’s Nine Tonight. The album is comprised of versions of songs from Seger’s previous three best-sellers." ALLMusic.

8 Likes

Toto - IV (1982).

Toto really pulled it together for what is probably their best album with hits Rosanna and Africa, plus other greats. 80’s AOR at its best.

22 Likes

Focus - Focus II or Moving Waves

For the incredible track Eruption, particularly the section called ‘Tommy’ from the 5 minute mark to 8 minutes where Jan Ackkerman plays such a great solo.

20 Likes

Paul Simonon – ex-bassist of The Clash, Gorillaz and The Good, The Bad And The Queen – spent lockdown painting and working on tentative ideas for songs in Mallorca. During the 18 months that he spent on the Spanish island, he crossed paths with singer-songwriter Galen Ayers, who had grown up there, and the pair set about writing songs together.

14 Likes

Black Pumas | Black Pumas | Radio Paradise
Some psychedelic soul, what’s not to like?

5 Likes

Oh all right i will play tonight😂

1 Like

Nice album !

1 Like

Enjoying on CD Nitin Sawhney - Beyond Skin :smile_cat: :+1:

6 Likes

Stevie Wonder | Songs in the Key of Life | Radio Paradise

17 Likes

Paul Carrack - I Know That Name.

10 Likes

Love the vibe and recording.

11 Likes

Yep, great track and playing👍

1 Like

Definitely, although I do love Hot Rats; memories, y’know!

2 Likes

11 Likes