What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Hans Zimmer

Live In Prague

Getting in the mood before going to a concert in The Royal Concert Hall in Glasgow tomorrow evening.

The Royal Scottish National Orchestra

Hans Zimmer v John Williams

Really looking forward to this.

Edward

9 Likes

First play…

2023 Acoustic Sounds Series vinyl release… :sunglasses: :notes: :grin: :+1:t3:

13 Likes

Confession time. I’m going through a bit of a Steven Wilson/Porcupine Tree love-in phase. So now onto Closure/Continuation. When I watched the live Blu-ray of this at their Amsterdam show I was mesmerised by the quality of Gavin Harrison’s drumming. Read his Wiki page, and it didn’t surprise me that he’d received praise from Neal Peart. Absolute quality!

Anybody got any suggestions for similar bands/artists? (I think my tastes are mellowing somewhat)

7 Likes

First play of one of my Christmas pressies, on Vinyl:

3 Likes

Rhiannon Giddens – You’re The One
CD|2023

8 Likes

Good old Mum! What a great christmas present.

23 Likes

Emmylou Harris – Elite Hotel
CD|1975

15 Likes

Delicate playing

7 Likes

Tina Turner - Break Every Rule - CD

Bit of a Tina session today.

14 Likes

Linda Ronstadt – Hasten Down The Wind
CD|2009

Originally released 1976

17 Likes

John Williams

John Williams - Greatest Hits 1969-1999

Edw

7 Likes

Elgar. Sir Adrian Boult. 1968. Vinyl. Enjoying.

" As a boy Elgar composed some tunes for use in a play staged by the young members of the Elgar family. He noted the tunes down in a sketchbook and in 1907, four decades later, he arranged the music as the two Wand of Youth suites. Elgar also used material from some of the dance music he wrote when as a young man he was employed at what was then the Worcester City and County Lunatic Asylum" WIKI.

10 Likes

26 Likes

Now Playing…

Nils Petter Molvaer with the Norwegian Radio Orchestra - Certainty of Tides

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… kicking off this Thursday morning with Nils latest release, October 5th 2023, and he and the Norwegian Radio Orchestra are sounding sublime! One sweet album…

11 Likes

The later Pineapple Thief albums which also have Gavin Harrison on drums are worth a try. Also the 2 Fjieri albums albeit their music is harder to find; they also include sone appearances by Harrison and Richard Barbieri.

3 Likes

Nice version

10 Likes

Thank you!!

1 Like

Herbie Hancock Empyrean Isles / 1999 Blue Note / EU CD / RVG Edition / 724349879621

11 Likes

First spin…

2023 Craft Recordings, Original Jazz Classics vinyl release…
Superb sounding live mono recording… :grin: :notes: :sunglasses: :+1:t3:

9 Likes

Bradley Cooper & Lady Gaga, a star is born soundtrack. Watched the movie again during this Christmas holiday. Really enjoyed the movie hence this sound track, especially in that order. Some of the song transitions are quite abrupt. :smiling_face:

6 Likes