What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Now playing…

Ralph Towner - At First Light

Ralph Towner (Classical Guitar).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… It has been 9 months since last taking this new release, March 17, 2023 by Ralph out for a spin… and he is sounding sublime!

9 Likes

Buddy Guy - Damn Right I Got The Blues (1991).

Influential blues guitarist/vocalist, he’s had a long and illustrious career. This is a hard hitting come back album for Guy, with Jeff Beck, Eric Clapton and Mark Knopfler as guests.

23 Likes

The Lady made me go Gaga.

Purchased a while before I saw the movie but what a remake of older classics.

2 Likes

With all the vTuner angst have decided to browse the raspberryPi library

13 Likes

More Elgar. Not played this before. 1972.

7 Likes

Hans Zimmer

The World of Hans Zimmer - A Symphonic Celebration (Live)

Outstanding concert, I saw this when it came to the Hydro in Glasgow a few years ago.

Edward

8 Likes

Fantastic series of walks by Horatio Clare as part of R3’s ‘Slow Radio’ season at Xmas. Very atmospheric and he has a very literary perspective on the wilderness. For those with normal radios only :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

On CD.

15 Likes

Bill Withers | Ain’t No Sunshine | 1988 | Radio Paradise
In full fat FLAC

11 Likes

Kevin Ayers - Bananamour

Nick Kent wrote: “Kevin Ayers and Syd Barrett were the two most important people in British pop music. Everything that came after came from them.”

I love the backing vocals from (Miss) Barry St. John, Liza Strike, Doris Troy especially on the first track.

Super guitar playing from Steve Hillage on the wonderfully named ‘Shouting in a Bucket Blues’.

Such a lovely chap how could you not like him - unless you’re John Cale!

10 Likes

[please delete]

The new Cracker Island — originally begun as “Season Two” of Song Machine before being reworked as a traditional album — turns both dials to a comfortable middle setting and cruises. It’s the easiest-going and most purely pleasurable Gorillaz album since their opening one-two punch, 20-some years ago. Guests feel purposeful, filtered into the indie-funk melange with ease.

7 Likes

Lack of editorial control imho, Lol.

That’s a strength, and it’s one of the reasons why The Beatles is The Greatest Album Ever Made.

5 Likes

For a change, I’m listening to this, The Best Album Ever, on CD - and the 1987 “fatboy box” CD version to boot!

19 Likes

Tinariwen - Elwan

Back home with my system after being away over Christmas :blush:

10 Likes

Sting - Brand New Day - CD

19 Likes

The Stones | Their Satanic Majesty’s Request | 1967 | Radio Paradise

14 Likes

For the same reason that that’s the best Beatles album, I have that same version & agree that it is, Sandinista is the best Clash album and as a result is therefore the best album ever :wink:

2 Likes

Now playing…

Jacob Young - Eventually

Jacob Young (Guitar), Mats Eilertsen (Double Bass) and Audun Kleive (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… It has been six months since last taking out this May 2023 release from Jacob for a spin and he, Mats and Audun are sounding sublime! A lovely trio…

6 Likes

Couldn’t agree more. Wild Honey Pie and Revolution 9 make the album what it is.

3 Likes