What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Animal Collective – Time Skiffs
CD|2022

2 Likes

Eric Clapton - Back Home, playing a Dual-disc that is two sided which allows me to listen to the album in Advanced Resolution Stereo, this is definitely an improvement over the cd side.

8 Likes

Still one of the greatest, even the greatest, covers albums I’ve ever heard.
The Banshees cover of The Doors You’re Lost Little Girl is beautiful, and that’s just for starters.

Through The Looking Glass
SATB.

14 Likes

Geoff, you have the most comprehensive collection of Naim label discs I have ever seen, you can’t be far off, owning a complete set.

1 Like

Inspired by Geoff’s recent posts. This one includes the beautiful First Song, written by Charle Haden and performed here by Kurt Elling with Laurence Hobgood and Charlie Haden.

4 Likes

Stevie wonder song in the key of life
Songs_in_the_key_of_life

25 Likes

I heard Nixon was a great fan of this track! :sunglasses:

21 Likes

Steven Wilson - Hand Cannot Erase - CD

11 Likes

The Walkmen – Bows + Arrows
CD|2004

Indie rock

4 Likes

Listened to this over the Christmas break. The guitar duo of Rodrigo y Gabriela continue to make great music. It contains their very original version of Pink Floyd’s Echoes. There’s also an excellent live version of the album.

9 Likes

Acid King
Beyond Vision

Still on the fence about this album. ‘Stoner Rock/Doom Metal’ oufit from San Francisco…it’s pleasant enough.

Maybe needs more volume…or…maybe Paranoid simply outclasses most at this game.

4 Likes

Yep, sorry Acid King…it just does…

13 Likes

Linda Ronstadt - Don’t Cry Now

11 Likes

Thanks @Tabbycat - no wish to scratch that particular itch as the P10 is all I need at present. I owned a (lovely) P6 before the P10, and I did notice an upgrade. The Naia looks stunning, but the marginal improvements become increasingly expensive at this level. Rega is such an impressive company. Hope 2024 is a great year for you too.

2 Likes

Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble | Couldn’t Stand The Weather | 1984
I can’t get to year’s end without giving SRV another outing.

18 Likes

Nice to have iRadio back

3 Likes

Great album Tony :ok_hand:

4 Likes

Noah Jones - Come Away With Me - CD

22 Likes

The Hoodoo Gurus - Stoneage Romeos

7 Likes

King Crimson | 1969
Their eponymous debut that had me spellbound when it was first released and I got to slap it on the turntable…

21 Likes