What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

For some reason, I have decided to only play albums from 1979 this evening. UK first press vinyl of this classic. “Path Of Least Resistance”, “Almost Medieval”, “Blind Youth”… this was definitely the future back then.

16 Likes

Just been listening to this myself. Since all the upgrades to TT and the system, I have been going through my old albums in a haphazard way and this came out.

1 Like

That wireless channel will be getting a play here for sure :+1: :guitar:

3 Likes

‘Please Please Me’ - The Beatles

‘There’s a Place’ is such a great track.

23 Likes

Really in the mood for this 1995 beauty. Fairly groundbreaking at the time? Broke ground in the USA seven years later, strangely.

12 Likes

Arrived today. UK first press in fantastic condition, same age as Mrs R (she’s in good nick, too!) Sounds wonderful on the nearfield system.

13 Likes

The Race - Yello - Essential Yello

19 Likes

Wow ! thats weired cant have sold that much in the UK
Enjoyed hearing it again a good band back in the day
Mars Needs Guitars is another good album they covered Bitter Sweet by The Flaming Groovies on it and did a great job
Wishing you a good evening

1 Like

Yello | Flag | 1988
Sometimes @A-Fin only some Yello will do …

15 Likes

More from '79. THe Throbbers and probably their masterpiece. This is the 2012 vinyl pressing:

10 Likes

Paul McCartney - Flowers In The Dirt - CD Archive Collection

13 Likes

Lol… i just listened to the 13min version of The Race from that album as well… quality track👍🏻

5 Likes

Madonna - Ray of Light

Change of pace. Seen this posted the other night and remembered i used to listen to it a lot… time for a re-listen, long overdue!

19 Likes

s-l500

Loving on CD …Deep Garage house mixed by Ben Watt from Everything But The Girl and Jay Hannan on double CD

3 Likes

Thanks MrDavid - yes I have the first concert but wasn’t aware that the second concert was available

Really appreciate you letting me know thanks so much

1 Like

Barbara Streisand & Kris Krisofferson, a star is born. Yep, saw the movie and really enjoyed both the movie and the soundtrack. :smiling_face:

10 Likes

TIDAL …Hi Res

‘Bryter Layter’ - Nick Drake

An album that, for me, will always be associated with the dark days of Covid lockdowns. In early March 2020 I’d just purchased a system and, later that month, there wasn’t a lot to do other than order copious amounts of vinyl via Mr Bezos. I’d heard of Nick Drake many times but, other than a track on a ‘Q Magazine’ CD compilation from the early 90s, he was a void in my own music back catalogue.

Jeez, what a ‘bryte’ light he turned out to be during those horrible times. Magnificent album, and my favourite of the three.

22 Likes

After a prompt from @AndyP and while I have my Oppo set up it’s time for

Eric Clapton - There’s One In Every Crowd, a Tom Dowd quad mix downmixed to stereo. Some nice subtle differences.

8 Likes

Third from 1979, the mighty Magazine’s second (rather controversial) album, on UK first press vinyl. Despite the mixed reviews, it contains some of their strongest material: “Permafrost”, “Feed The Enemy” etc.

10 Likes