What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

As Time Goes By, The Best Of Little Feat.

16 Likes

With only a couple of hours to go Mr Sanborn says it’s getter Closer :saxophone:

4 Likes

Nick drake
NickDrake_cover
Five leaves left

40 Likes

Kate Bush, hounds of love. :relaxed:

49 Likes

My Bowie gateway album…

44 Likes

Now playing…

Anna Tivel - Blue World

Anna Tivel (Vocals), Galen Clark (Piano, Rhodes, Wurlitzer, Organ) and Micah Hummel (Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… continuing on this afternoon with this July 2021 album release from Anna and along with Galen and Michael are sounding mighty sweet! …I still have 9.5 hours before the New Year arrives in Seattle but always happy to future trip…

13 Likes

On new (yes, new!) vinyl:

7 Likes

Oscar Peterson The Trio Live From Chicago / 1997 Verve / Germany CD / 5390632

Oscar Peterson Piano
Ray Brown Bass
Ed Thigpen Drums

13 Likes

518NPo4DXEL.AC
Simon and Garfunkel - Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme.

23 Likes

Seeing out 2022 with my fave album ever, which I will, as always, play from beginning to end with no interruptions or omissions.

30 Likes

The way it was meant to be played I’ve always been amused by certain critics complaining about it being a mess of a record. Apart from Revolution #9 (which I don’t hate either) I think it’s brilliant.

Have a good new year Kevster.

3 Likes

You too Pete x

1 Like

Now playing…

Anat Cohen - Quartetinho

Anat Cohen (Clarinet, Bass Clarinet), Vitor Goncalve (Piano, Accordion, Fender Rhodes), Tal Mashiach (Bass, Bass Guitar) and James Shipp (Vibraphone, Percussion, Glockenspiel, Analog Synthesizer).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this afternoon with ‘Quartetinho’ released on October 6th and Anat, Victor, Tal and James are sounding sublime! Simply beautiful…

3 Likes

You’re still a few hours away and in 2022. Hope you guys have a great new year. :+1:

4 Likes

How does the future look Pete? Is 2023 the place to be…

1 Like

I’m sorry to say very much like 2022 judging by the news. :pensive:

3 Likes

Milt Jackson and Wes Montgomery - Bags Meets Wes!

Happy New Year everybody :clinking_glasses:

11 Likes

Just downloaded this from Bandcamp, 67 standards divided across more or less 13 CD’s if you would buy it in cd format, I downloaded.

Tasting this now as there is nothing interesting on tv….

3 Likes

Happy new year to all forum members and your family from Cumbernauld Scotland :scotland: 🥳🎆:boom:

6 Likes

My first for the NY had to think about what I’d like to listen and settled for an Aussie band The Triffids Greatest Hits Wide Open Road. Kind of suits a very hot and muggy afternoon.

If you haven’t heard them and like the Go Betweens they might be worth investigating.

Hope your heads aren’t hurting too much and 2023 is a great year for all.

6 Likes