What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Still couchlocked and enjoying a first listen to this recomendation from @gthack

Chilled, downtempo ambient ethereal fusion of Soul, Jazz, funky vibes, a hint of Dancehall and featuring one of the leading lights of UK Jazz Shabaka Hutchings.

:heart:

5 Likes

Erja Lyytinen - Waiting for the Daylight (2022)

Blues! Found this record on Qobuz.

3 Likes

Peter Gabriel - So. First UK pressing, and still brilliant.

35 Likes

I would love to have both of them on vinyl … VG copy of yours on discogs is £350!!

1 Like

Loving this peach of the classic Whitesnake line up.I think the live performances are better than the studio versions.

WHITESNAKE_LIVE+IN+THE+HEART+OF+THE+CITY-58782c

10 Likes

Aptly titled first listen to Lucifer On The Sofa by Spoon, a new band to me who have entred my radar after hearing the Adrian Sherwood Dub of the album Lucifer On The Moon.

11 Likes

On Vinyl:

13 Likes

Snarky Puppy Immigrance / 2019 GroundUP / EU CD / 193483246949

3 Likes

‘Ethiopian Knights’ - Donald Byrd

Fabulous Friday Funk - from '72

9 Likes

Fancied a change from the norm…actually very nice choice.
Haven’t played WAM for ages.

2 Likes

Thunder. The Thrill of it All. 4th album on CD. I have most of their albums and this gets played more than most.

Even if Danny Bowes was turning into “Julian Clary”. Lol.

Thunder_-_The_Thrill_of_It_All

2 Likes

On vinyl:

13 Likes

Now playing…

Sean Rowe - The Salesman and the Shark

Sean Rowe (Acoustic Guitar, Vocals), Rob Bochnik (Guitar), Mike Bolger (Trombone, Trumpet), Isobel Campbell (Vocals), Chris Carey (Bass, Drums, Electric Guitar), Hammond Organ), Paul Cartwright (Violin), Davey Chegwidden (Castanets, Bass Drums, Percussion, Tambourine, Timpani), Daphne Chen (Violin), Danny Frankel (Drums), Geoff Gallegos (String Arrangements, String Conductor), Inara George (Vocals), Cara May Gorman (Vocals), Petra Haden (Vocals), Markéta Irglová (Piano, Vocals), Woody Jackson Upright Bass, Bells, Clavinet, Electric Harpsichord, Guitar, Marxophone, Percussion, Timpani, Vibraphone, Wurlitzer), Chris Kyle (Electric Guitar), Living Sisters (Vocals ), Frank Moscowitz (Whistle), Octetto Magnifico (Strings), Clinton Patterson (Trumpet), Sarah Pedinotti (Organ, Piano, Vocals), Zac Rae (Dulcitone, Farfisa Organ, Hammond B3, Piano), Reiko Nakano (Violin), Gus Seyffert (Bass,Upright Bass, Double Bass), Aida Shahghasemi (Daf), Jennavive Varga (Violin) and Ina Veli (Violin).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… Kicking off this Friday morning with Sean with his talented group of musicians and they are sounding sublime! I do love his voice, lyrics and music, one sweet album…

8 Likes

Good choice @Tabbycat. The blatant sexism of DC is not appealing but their earlier blues base is really good.
I have a recording of Mistreated / Soldier of Fortune from Reading Festival (1980?) which was immense at the time and brilliantly captured by the BBC for the radio. Just wish I could find a copy other than my cassette or You Tube.

Had to go out and perform surgery on a Dual 505/2 for a friend of mine.
Back now, so just put it on…

22 Likes

River Man is superb !!!
Lizz Wright does a great version of the track too !

4 Likes

That very track is playing now…

1 Like

RIP Lemmy!

18 Likes

Might have to fish the vinyl out of this later this evening…

23 Likes

We used to get stoned and go to a graveyard after dark and play that album, used to sh*t us right up!
Dong…Dong…oh please god help me…Nooo! :joy:

4 Likes