What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Kandace Springs – Soul Eyes
CD|2016

17 Likes

Echo that. A wonderful album but the cover photo loses a bit of cred when you realise that it was shot at a sand pit in High Barnet, last stop on the Northern Line (where I used to live) and not the Arizona Desert. :grinning:

2 Likes

Public Service Broadcasting - Bright Magic, on translucent marbled orange vinyl. Not the quietest pressing with a little background surface noise here and there, but it is a very dynamic and punchy record.

7 Likes

220px-Bob_Dylan_-Dylan(1973_album)

Dylan is the thirteenth studio album by Bob Dylan which is made of outtakes he recorded for earlier albums. Columbia Records compiled it with no input from Dylan and released it on November 16, 1973.

Apparently it was panned by critics, it sounds fine to me played back on the 50 year old LP I recently picked up from the local used shop.

6 Likes

…and RIP Terry Hall. What a rotten end to a rotten year, a sad loss

Respect due!
:heart:

20 Likes

Haha! It is a naff cover

11 Likes

Fabulous performance and a great recording:

5 Likes

Black Grape - It’s Great When You’re Straight…Yeah - 1995

A banger to kick off Friday eve!

6 Likes

Now Playing…

Sean Rowe - The Darkness Dressed in Colored Lights

Sean Rowe (Vocals, Guitar), Shane Leonard (Drums, Percussion), Jeremy Boetcher (Bass), Ben Lester (Keyboards, Pedal Steel), Courtney Hartman (Vocals, Guitar), Chris Carey (Bass), John DeHaven (Brass Section), Jeff Nania (Brass Section), and Joel Yannuzzi (Brass Section).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… continuing on this morning with Sean’s latest album released in October 2021 and Sean and the band are sounding mighty sweet!

8 Likes

10cc | How Dare You! | 1975
Classic pop from an era when the likes of 10cc, The Kinks et al were all over the airwaves of mainstream radio with their different and clever music.

This '89 Mercury redbook is the best CD recording that I’ve yet found and a world apart in SQ from the other appalling CD releases.

23 Likes

Yeah agree about DC’s blatant sexism …Lie Down " If your tarts aren’t saying it to you …you say it to them …Lie Down ! Guilty as charged .
All Night Long by Rainbow is another shocker…but it was the 70’s early 80’s so not as P.C as we are now.
Personally I couldn’t care less .
Know what you mean about Reading Festival and Friday Rock show broadcasts.I have a few tapes my favourite is Iron Maiden from 1980 and still have it on cassette and Genesis at Knebworth from 1978.
Enjoy your weekend @ Happy Listening :smile_cat:

Peter Gabriel

Peter Gabriel 3: Melt (2009 Remaster)

After listening to the new song from from the forthcoming new album it was easy to decide ho I was going to listen to first this evening.

Edward

30 Likes

Mutabaruka - Ultimate Collection

The great Mutabaruka, one of the originators of JA Dub Poetry. Not quite “Ultimate” in terms of selection but a super compilation sampling his earlier 90’s albums for the Shanachie label.

:heart:

1 Like

27 Likes

On CD. Absolutely bangin’! The film is even better…

9 Likes

Finished with another new one for me, posted earlier on by @MrStreamer. Thanks very much, very enjoyable and will definitely be listening to more of her in the future :blush:

2 Likes

Looks great! On my watchlist, cheers

Soundtrack HiRes on streaming too

2 Likes

Midnight Blue (2012 Remaster) - Kenny Burrell

15 Likes

Fairport Convention - Rising for the Moon

Today would have been Sandy Denny’s 76th birthday. One of Britain’s finest ever female singer-songwriters, if not singers.

16 Likes