What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Some older guitar heroes

7 Likes

Silje Nergaard, self titled album. It’s been a long time. So sweet. :relaxed:

6 Likes

Tom Tomlinson & Stacey Kent, the lyric. Husband and wife team. :relaxed:

4 Likes

If Nordic noir was an album….

Lykke Li, I Never Learn

4 Likes

Mark Knopfler - Golden Heart, great sq on hdcd.

18 Likes

7 Likes

Aye, you can’t beat a bit of Bach:

11 Likes

Prefab Sprout - Steve McQueen - 1985
On vinyl

Anyone heard the acoustic album? Misses out on that lush 80’s ‘Scritti-type’ production which fixes it so well in that era. Just great.

27 Likes

More Bach:

13 Likes

I heard “Appetite” from the acoustic set at a recent meet of music loving friends and bought a copy for a mate for Christmas on the back of it. I’ve listened to the whole album since and will buy a copy for myself.

1 Like

Bob Dylan - Oh Mercy.

20 Likes

Yard Act, The Overload. What else after chatting about it with @JulianG earlier!

Despite too much time on the New Classic thread, it’s also been a long work day. Sorted tea (dinner if you must call it that :P) out. Drove the kids and I for swim training, 45 mins there, 2 hrs training, 45 mins back. Just got the kitchen cleared and kids in bed. Time for a cuppa and a bit of down time to a fun album 8)

3 Likes

Jefferson Airplane - Surrealistic Pillow - 1967

21 Likes

Now playing…

Peter Gabriel - Car

Peter Gabriel (Flute, Keyboards, Recorder, Voicals), Kate Bush (Vocals), Jozef Chirowski (Keyboards), Phil Collins (Vocals), Larry Wires Fast (Synthesizer), Robert Fripp (Banjo, Classical Guitar, Electric Guitar), Steve Hunter (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Rhythm Guitar, Pedal Steel(, Tony Levin (Bass, Tuba), London Symphony Orchestra, Jimmy Maelen (Percussion), Allan Schwartzberg (Drums) and D_ick Wagner (Guitar, Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… returning home from 3.3 mile walk and taking Peter with his talented group of musicians working with him and they are sounding mighty fine!

30 Likes

.sjb

33 Likes

Forgotten how good this sounded.

Atmospheric and super-clean recording from the fairer half of “Once” & “Falling Slowly” fame….

Massive soundstage on my modest HD600s.

There might even be a song for the “Most haunting track” thread IIRC - perhaps :thinking:

Qobuz/Roon 44.1/24

4 Likes

The original and best from 1985 on Kitchenware Records (CBS) (IIRC) imho. Loved my CD copy, which I still own but the CDP (NA CDi) sadly no longer. Fantastic tracks and beautifully produced by Thomas Dolby.

Sounds great (at least as good) on Qobuz too, so I am not too worried.

It’s on my list for a bit later. Tough call but IIRC “Bonny” just edged it as my favourite track IIRC but a very close call on this superb album throughout.

Enjoy! :grinning:

2 Likes

@Anonymoot couldn’t resist playing this after your prompt earlier - and yes playing “Bonny” right now and just perfect……

Sublime album :grin:

Qobuz/Roon 44.1/24

20 Likes

Most of this set. Due out late this month

17 Likes

8 Likes