What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

A track off the up and coming Peter Gabriel album. Sorry if this is a sample of what’s on the album, think I will give it a miss.

The band
Drums: Manu Katché
Rhythm Programming: Peter Gabriel, Oli Jacobs, Richard Chappell
Bass: Tony Levin
Electric Guitar: David Rhodes
Acoustic Guitar: Katie May
Synths: Peter Gabriel
Additional Synths: Oli Jacobs
Bells and Haunting Synths: Brian Eno
Backing Vocals: Peter Gabriel, David Rhodes, Ríoghnach Connolly
Lead Vocals: Peter Gabriel

5 Likes

The Kinks | Hit Singles | 1987
Settling back and enjoying the nostalgia this brings along with it. :sunglasses:

17 Likes

Great shout @Clive

3 Likes

I have uncovered some old F.U.S.E/Plastikman CD’s … so a quick trip down memory lane.
This one came out 6 months after Aphex Twin’s Selected Ambient Works, in the summer of 1993 … early morning bus trips 30 years ago.
30 years ago?

1 Like

23 Likes

Now playing…

Bill Callahan - Sometimes I Wish We Were An Eagle

Bill Callahan (Vocals, Classical Guitar, Acoustic Steel Guitar, Electric Guitar, Piano, Hammond Organ, Keyboards), Brian Beattie (Electric Guitar, Pump Organ, Electric Piano, Keyboards, Percussion, String and Horn Arrangement), Luis Martinez (Drums), Bobby Weaver (Bass), Jaime Zuverza (Electric Guitar), Brian Brown (French Horn), Tamara Cauble (Violin), Douglas Edward (Violin), Becki Howard (Violin), Buffi Jacobs (Cello), Maureen Nilsen (Violin), Deanna Sarkar (Vocals), Heather Test (French Horn) and Chris Youmans (Cello).

Streaming on Qobus (44.1/16)… continuing on this morning with Bill with his talented band and they are sounding mighty fine! It is overcast, cold and damp outside and it seemed like a good time to take Bill out for a spin…

7 Likes

Jazz night continues with Waltz for Debby - Bill Evans Trio.

13 Likes

From 2020, Andrew Batt’s excellent 2-CD deluxe reissue of Bobbie’s 1968 masterpiece. Andy says there is some exciting BG satuff coming this year…

13 Likes

This album was named “Album of the Year” in the 1972 year-end issue of Sounds music mag in the UK… believe it or not…
Folk/prog/ rock ? Certainly a very different British band at the time…… original vinyl.

Worth a listen

25 Likes

A great classic prog rock album @ChifChaf, but no way would I tag it as folk.

I think it’s a cracking cover.

1 Like

3 Likes

Haven’t played old wobbly head in a long time. Forgotten how good this was. CD.

17 Likes

Not folk, but some folk influence maybe….
The original studio recording was very good quality.

King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard - Nonagon Infinity, time for some Aussie psychedelic rock. Although there are nine tracks, the album plays as one piece, with recurring themes.

3 Likes

9 Likes

Now playing…

David Gray - Skellig

David Gray (Guitar, Keyboards, Piano, Synthesizer, Vocals), Caroline Dale (Cello, Vocals), Ben De Vries (Percussion, Piano, Vocals), Niamh Farrell (Vocals), David Kitt (Guitar, Synthesizer, Vocals), Robbie Malone (Bass, Percussion, Vocals), Mossy Nolan (Vocals) and Keith Prior (Drums, Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… continuing on this afternoon with this wonderful 2021 album from David and he and the band are sounding sublime!

12 Likes

This had somehow passed me by when my system was still in storage. But, here we are, a significant body of Peter Gabriel’s work performed in 2011 with an orchestra at the Apollo, Hammersmith. Turns out I’m old enough to appreciate the more grown up (?) presentation!

5 Likes

Kasey MusGraves, golden hour. Woke up extra early for the sun rise. :relaxed:

11 Likes

I believe there’s a newer recording with Liam Neeson as the narrator, but for me it has to be Richard Burton every time!