What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

I doubt anyone could have kept quite all this time.

1 Like

That was one of the test albums, along with such dreary crap as Clive Gregson & Christine Collister, used with monotonous regularity by Hi-Fi Review. But I was a fanboy, and bought them all. Played most of them once then sold.

2 Likes

Ad Infinitum, chapter 1 - monarchy. Very conflicted this morning. So many wonderful suggestions from everyone. Going to start with this. Have very good evening, night, morning, day everyone. :blush:

2 Likes

You’re kidding! The 80’s were great. When I turn to oldies, that’s the decade I go to first. Although I will concede that loads of stuff was Fairlighted into submission.

Sly & The Family Stone – There’s A Riot Goin’ On. Another '80s Edsel LP:

20 Likes

Aha! So it’s an exclusive, a scoop from this retired journo.

1 Like

Yep still have Gregson and Collister. They were pretty good live, but I only enjoyed one of the albums.

Early to mid 80’s were great then I discovered hi-fi and most of the late 80s stuff was awful.

Roberta Flack, killing me softly. Not sure if I can keep myself going on to chapter two after this. Thank you @seakayaker. :+1:

15 Likes

Memories
Dollar Brand (Abdullah Ibrahim)
Japanese pressing
Saw him in London in the late 70s (I think…) and have loved his music ever since.

10 Likes

Well don’t tell us sell your story you know how the baby boomers love a good Beatles tale, cash in before we’re all dead. :grin:

1 Like

Confess… been out drinking with a mate from work (pints, single malts), then on (solo) for a cocktail in Wigmore St (Whiskey Sour, not the best but far from the worst)… then back home, pick up a bottle of Chivas along with the triple RSD Wrecking Ball by Emmylou. Got this on CD, but ya can’t beat a real record.

Erm, plus a double of Chivas. I.am.chilled.

20 Likes

Enjoying…

A sweet-sounding new release.
Sublime
Qobuz/Roon 44.1/24

10 Likes

Roberta Flack, chapter two. Sorry I can’t help it. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

16 Likes

s-l500
Led Zeppelin - Mothership, playing the live dvd that accompanied the two cd set.

15 Likes

Astral Hand : Lords OF Data
Some heavy stoner/psych fair rattles along. For those who like Farflung, this could be worth a spin (On Bandcamp and Tidal)

3 Likes

Bedtime & playing Hiromi - Voice for Mrs QS😊

5 Likes

Focus - Moving Waves (Focus II) - 1971

Interesting stepping back to some prog after that 80’s ‘high intensity’ music, my god the world had changed in those few years.

17 Likes

Enjoying…

Much thanks to @dave-marshall for introducing me to this fabulous reggae artist. I could tell within the first few seconds this was going to be something special. So well recorded with loads of space around the instruments and wide soundstage, with infectious bass lines and a great tuneful vocal. Foot-tappingly good!

Banger! :ok_hand:

Sublime
Qobuz/Roon 44.1/16
ERA-1s

8 Likes

Rachael & Vilray – Rachael & Vilray
CD|2019

Enjoyable jazz tunes.

6 Likes