What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Mmm a bit of needle overnight that’s unfortunate this thread is usually the one place you can go without having to worry about trolls. Maybe a bit of love and tolerance is required.

War - Why Can’t We Be Friends

After this I’m off up the mountain for the day for some cool mountain air and nature.

14 Likes

Rachael & Vilray – I Love A Love Song!
CD|2023

Felt like some more from this duo and other musicians.

5 Likes

More thrift store vinyl:

4 Likes

I sometimes wonder what a first pressing would sound like, then I look at prices on Discogs and am immediately cured of that itch. But then I double back, and wonder if there’s a sweet spot at the intersection of affordability and quality (mid to late 70s repress, maybe?). I imagine your 1977 copy sounded excellent.

2 Likes

Well, I did ask you politely… but you post this

After a quick lyric check, (I was never going to watch it) and seeing the usual Big Heart and Eye Wink emoji’s, wheres is all the ‘One Love’?

All I asked for was to keep on topic to avoid this thread turning into your own personal message board, and by the way, I never said you weren’t humorous!

In my polite request post I wrote about the many positives of your posts, and I followed up by wanting to talk to you about the Blue Note remasters… because this is the music thread, which after all, is why we are all here.

My turn to be unwilling to rise before 9am…:slightly_smiling_face:
Listening to Birdy with a very sleepy Tyr for company. Mrs QS just brought me coffee❤️

12 Likes

The Who - Isobel Griffiths Orchestra

The Who With Orchestra: Live At Wembley

Edward

13 Likes

A rainy blustery day down here on the South-East Coast.

Just listening to Wooden Ships in preparation for a session on the guitar. I think this guy has nailed a great version - the run through around 0.28m on his clip with the chords on the 10th and 12th frets are just a joy to play.

If you have a guitar this is one of those songs that sounds complex but as you can see from the clip it’s quite easy.

14 Likes

Probably the only band in the history of popular music to write a song about the middle class suburb of Banstead…

steve

10 Likes

Listening now. Not just a great songwriter vocalist and instrumentalist, very obviously finicky about the way the sound is handled. In common with one mark knopler

16 Likes

The new one out today by Mammal Hands, on Gondwana Records, the Matthew Halsall label. Accessible modern jazz. I’m very much enjoying the opening track.

6 Likes

Boygenius debut album

2 Likes

Luvin it

9 Likes

The guy in the hat is drummer Ric Parnell (son of Jack).

When auditioning for Spinal Tap - they asked him about who he had played with - he mentioned Atomic Rooster and that was it - you’ve got the role.

2 Likes

Eddie Chacon: Sundown (released today)

5 Likes

A god - been looking forward to this for a long time now. Following from his ‘first’ album a few years ago - which won quite a few fans on the forum.

3 Likes

This album has got a great vibe to it…Friday morning, coffee, book and Eddie Chacon album and as somebody says on here…life is sweet (until I have three 10 year old boys to look after this afternoon :joy:)

2 Likes

Steve Hackett

Please Don’t Touch

Edward

14 Likes

Allison Ponthier - Shaking Hands With Elvis

3 Likes