What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Keith Richards. Talk is cheap.
I bought the vinyl and original cd but this rip is from the 2cd 2019 edition. His debut solo and best imo.

10 Likes

I beg your pardon? LOL

1 Like

On CD for a change and through Headphones and ear splitting volume….my ear will be ringing for a while yet….
The CDX sounds absolutely fantastic as have not had it on for a while….so I’ve ordered a bunch of CDs really cheap off Amazon….

22 Likes

… on a serious note, have a great time. Slightly jealous as I love the place.

1 Like

Mumford & Sons – Babel
CD|2012

8 Likes

Now playing…

Charles Lloyd - Trios: Ocean

Charles Lloyd (Alto Flute, Alto Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone), Gerald Clayton (Piano), Anthony Wilson(Guitar).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… kicking off this Friday morning with Charles Lloyd and this fantastic trio and they are sounding sublime! In his mid 80’s and still going strong…

8 Likes

As Dread’s off to Wales, here’s an album bought in Llangollen several years back for the princely sum of £2 … the tiny shop had around half a dozen records in a box, and this was one of them!
Green by Steve Hillage - 1978

7 Likes

2023 Acoustic Sounds Series vinyl… :+1:t3: :sunglasses: :notes: :grinning:

22 Likes

LP - Sony Music 2014 reissue : )

AC/DC - Stiff Upper Lip

Brian Johnson – lead vocals
Angus Young – lead guitar, backing vocals on “Hold Me Back”
Malcolm Young – rhythm guitar, backing vocals
Cliff Williams – bass guitar, backing vocals
Phil Rudd – drums

Recorded at the Warehouse Studio, Vancouver 1999. Album released Feb 2000

9 Likes

Apologies to The Doors, but

"Well, I woke up this mornin’ an’ I got myself
three cups a tea…

Then realised I’d left a tap runnin’ allllllll night long…and flooded the downstairs neighbour’s kitchen…"

Oops.

2 Likes

Finished “Pop” now and calling it a day as far as Sorting & Cataloguing goes. Just “Rock” left to do, which of course is the largest genre in my collection🤦🏻‍♂️
Chillin’ now with a bit of BCCIV…

…on Orange Vinyl😊

2 Likes

Same player different CD….

32 Likes

Best of the Four Tops. They don’t make 'em like they used to. Brilliant songs mainly from Holland, Dozier and Holland. Would have been beaten up if I played this when at school. ( I exaggerate slightly)

17 Likes

Egypt Station/Paul McCartney SHM-CD

12 Likes

Enjoy your break, and welcome to the wonderful world of retirement, aka the permanent weekend.

More of the fabulous Ms Spalding, and Craft Recordings’ 2-LP 10th Anniversary Edition of Radio Music Society:

7 Likes

I actually was pushed over a wall for daring to buy Fleetwood Mac’s Green Manalishi. Violence solves nothing, still love that track!

1 Like

You would have been a cool kid at my school. Very little singles chart music was acceptable, Motown, no way. It was all a bit Yes, Genesis, Zep etc, which I like, but thankfully I like a wider range of stuff now.

Hi Paul. Do you have the vinyl? If yes how’s the pressing? Thanks.

Toto 4. Some good songs, sounds a bit dated now, some serious drumming by Jeff Porcaro.

“The band delayed touring after the release of the album to instead help in the production of Michael Jackson’s Thriller album, as well as collaborating on Chicago’s comeback album Chicago 16 that same year.” WIKI.

22 Likes