What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

On 1978 vinyl… :notes: :sunglasses: :+1:t3:

19 Likes

One of many excellent compilations from Soul Jazz Records

2 Likes

On Vinyl:

20 Likes

Totally agree! Had it on last weekend and you have reminded me of a completely different ‘freebie’ I have in the archives, from Mixmag in 1996. Unlike the Hendrix this one seems to go for between £10-20 on Discogs, but it’s an ambient belter :grinning:

4 Likes

Great shout, I can highly recommend their recent re issue of Count Ossies Mystic Revelation Of Rastafari - Grounation

:heart:

3 Likes

Got that, might get a play later, seeing as how Mrs R. is away for the night and I will be chilling…

1 Like

Gives a feeling of Rush, from Canada and only two people….

2 Likes

Katherine Priddy – The Eternal Rocks Beneath
CD|2021

Folk. Enjoyable album.

2 Likes

With a coffee and hot cross bun… :grinning:

On 2007 released vinyl… :+1:t3: :sunglasses: :notes: :grinning:

15 Likes

Another first spin from the batch of vinyl arrived yesterday.

Bob Marley & The Wailers - Capitol Session '73 2LP

The legendary session recorded at The Capitol Tower in 1973. Having been dropped as support act by Sly Stone (some allegedly say he didnt like being upstaged by The Wailers) they were left stranded. A Jamaican attorney came to their help and arranged a couple of gigs whereby they came to the attention of local record label owner Denny Cordell, who arranged to film them in a private gig at Capitol Towers which I dont think ever came out but has been bootlegged. Bunny Wailer had returned disillusioned to Jamaica and so their long time tutor and mentor Joe Higgs stood in.
The DVD has now seen the light of day, as has the CD and this 2LP edition.
Its a fantastic live document with a relaxed Jam session vibe. I love Bunny, he’s my favourite Wailer and I do miss his sweet spiritual harmonies here, otherwise highly recommended.
Gatefold sleeve, poly lined sleeves, reasonable quality pressing just the very occasional slight hint of surface noise but nothing to grumble about.

Amusing observation, apparently American audiences struggled to understand the lyrics through the Jamaican accents and patois, Bob can be heard at times here forcing his enunciation and trying to sound less “Jamaican”

7 Likes

Dang Dang Dang Dinggggg…. Woke up this morning I was…….

As published before an amazing duo, you will be amazed, have a listen if you like powerful rock.

1 Like

Yes Dread it still amazes me that the quality of the jazz recordings of over 50 years ago sounded superior to recordings of much later. I suspect it is nothing to do with technology but rather the skill of the engineers involved.

2 Likes

Packing up ready for one of our regular sojourns into the beautiful rural Welsh countryside to celebrate my retirement and Earthday.

So one or two of you will be pleased to know I’m going offline for a week or so :grin:

Bad news is I will be back…

Keep smiling comrades :grin:

4 Likes

Enjoy your break.

1 Like

Boo

2 Likes

Hooray

2 Likes

I love Esperanza: her melodic, bouncy basslines, her voice, her conceptual thinking… she hasn’t made duff album yet

5 Likes

2021 Acoustic Sounds Series vinyl… :notes: :grinning: :+1:t3: :sunglasses:

15 Likes

I think its both, simpler high quality analogue technology and engineers who were passionate about what they were doing and capturing…

…anyway I’m off, ttfn, toodle pip…I say!..any of you chaps seen my pipe?

1 Like