What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

@Adam1 Adam, if you’re talking about Chet, then his other three albums from that period, In New York, Plays The Best of Lerner & Loewe and It Could Happen To You are all very good (they’re on Craft with superb SQ). There’s a new one coming out at the end of the month called Blue Room which is also excellent.

@Bobthebuilder is a huge Chet-nik, he should be able to give you some recommendations.

1 Like

Brilliant, cheers, very much appreciated always known of but just not familiar with and this album is stunning.

Likewise @Bobthebuilder, anything you reckon is unmissable then gratefully received.

It turns out after 4 songs that I wasn’t in the mood for Souixsie after all… :joy:

11 Likes

AC/DC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap

15 Likes

The first time I ever heard a 500 system demo, this was played.

Beautiful music and benchmark recording.

G

5 Likes

Now playing…

Arilid Andersen - Molde Concert

Arild Andersen (Double-Bass), Bill Frisell (Guitar), John Taylor (Piano) and Alphonse Mouzon (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… I am continuing on this morning with this 1980 release from Arild and along with Bill, John and Alphonse they are sounding sublime!

6 Likes

Jeff Beck - Flash, usually pop this on to hear “People Get Ready” with Rod on vocals, but decided to play from the start. Mostly produced by Nile Rodgers, poor Jeff sounds like a guest soloist on his own album.

14 Likes

I saw Jeff in concert around this time - he played People Get Ready. In true Jeff style never said a word until he got this song and he said “Rod’s let me down again like a pair of old braces” - whether that meant Rod was due to show up to sing it?

2 Likes

Band Of Horses – Things Are Great
CD|2022

9 Likes

Mark Olsen and Gary Louris - Ready for the Flood.

Mark & Gary from the Jayhawks. Produced by Chris Robinson from the Black Crowes.

One of those albums where every track is pure gold.

9 Likes

Time for some Fabs on CD rip.

24 Likes

We went to the Milano hi-fidelity 2023 in Hotel Meliá this morning. Birds of Dominique Fils-Aimé was being played in several rooms.

6 Likes

Alvvays – Blue Rev
CD|2022

2 Likes

51uRD+BvkyL.AC
John Lennon and Yoko Ono - Double Fantasy Stripped Down.

11 Likes

Now playing…

Patricia Barber - Cafe Blue – UN-mastered

Patricia Barber (Piano, Vocals), Maya Angelou (Spoken Word), Michael Arnopol (Bass), John McLean (Guitar) and Mark Walker (Drums, Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this morning with an album that I just love! …and Patricia and the band are sounding sublime!

I would like to say it is my favorite but all of Patricia’s albums are top shelf. One very sweet album…

12 Likes

Emily-Claire Barlow " Spark Bird ". Nice for a quiet saturday afternoon .

3 Likes

Kaleo – A/B
CD|2016

Blues rock. Playing loud.

7 Likes

Dominique Fils-Aime - Three Little Words

5 Likes

Talk talk
Talk_Talk_-_Spirit_of_Eden_cover

16 Likes

And Bryter Layter… All are essential.

4 Likes