What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Not sure how I missed this being a big fan of the Coxon’s guitar playing.

Thank goodness people are still making interesting records.

Thanks to @paulbysea for this one.

The Waeve - The Waeve

Graham Coxon and Rose Elinor Dougall

7 Likes

I don’t know Trapeze at all. But I’m loving the bloke at front right, with the crossed arms, orange T-shirt and distinctly unimpressed expression.

1 Like

Which record cleaning machine do you use?

Project VC-S🙂

1 Like

Nektar - Down To Earth

5 Likes

Supertramp - Crime of the Century

I think it was the financier, Guy Hands, who introduced me to this album. And what an album it is. Every time I play it I’m just stunned by its brilliance. It looks like Guy did a bit better than me!

31 Likes

T.Rex. Beard of stars/Tanx
Back to back

Budding guitarists should listen to Elemental child to witness the joy of discovering the full potential of the electric guitar.

18 Likes

Now playing…

Sean Rowe - Magic

Sean Rowe (Floor Tom, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Vocals), Adrian Cohen (Piano), Nic Fera (Drums), Clarke Foley (Bowed Bass), Cara May Gorman (Vocals), Matthew Loiacono (Drums), Troy Pohl (Bass, Electric Bass, Acoustic Guitar, Bass Guitar, Electric Guitar, Organ, Piano, Synthesizer, Xylophone), Danny Whelchel (Drums) and Monica Wilson (Cello).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this Saturday morning with Sean Rowe’s Magic which, as always, is sounding mighty fine! This 2011 release just shines and do love his baritone voice, songwriting and music…

8 Likes

The Black Keys – Attack & Release
CD|2008

9 Likes

Ad Infinitum, chapter iii - downfall. :smiling_face:

2 Likes

Workingman's Dead HDCD

Watched the Bob Weir documentary on Netflix last night, am now a fan.

17 Likes

Wire - Chairs Missing

7 Likes

Rory Gallagher - Deuce

13 Likes

Got this for a couple of quid + p&p from the big river

Golden Heart - Mark Knopfler

This was the 1996 and first solo release from Mr Knopfler and though you can hear the Dire Straits influences which is to be expected this is a very diverse album held together by the great man’s excellent guitar playing.

19 Likes

It’s a Dead’a’thon!

Grateful Dead - American Beauty

20 Likes

This is a beautiful album, just released.

Qobuz: Peggy’s Dream by Martin Hayes
Tidal: Peggy’s Dream by Martin Hayes
Spotify: Peggy’s Dream by Martin Hayes

.sjb

4 Likes

s-l500
Justin Currie - What Is Love For.

5 Likes

Birdy, young heart. :smiling_face:

7 Likes

Absolutely knackering day at work: ooh me feet, shoulders & arms. Thank god for strong coffee and Red Bull.

Recuperating with one of my favourite Sibelius works, Lemminkainen Suite: The Four Legends…and a pint of Guardsman bitter.

Chose Vanska/Lahti to do the massage.

6 Likes

Andy White & Tim Finn - AT

A nice record from two seasoned songwriters.

4 Likes