What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Now playing…

Tide Lines - An Ocean Full of Islands

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… continuing on this afternoon with Tide Lines after a mention from @Proterra above had me place in the queue and now taking out for a spin… Enjoying the opening track and look forward to the rest of the album!

4 Likes

Eddie and The Hot Rods - Teenage Depression

10 Likes

Joe Jackson - Body and Soul.

22 Likes

This is the first album by Arve Henriksen that I bought, and it’s probably still my favourite.

5 Likes

Floor Jansen, daydream. I am starting small with her solo work with this short single. :smiling_face:

4 Likes

Birdy, piano sketches. Since I was playing short albums, got to play this one too. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

The Slits - Cut

13 Likes

Goldfrapp, wonderful electric. :smiling_face:

9 Likes

Really diggin’ this!

Now playing…

Mary Chapin Carpenter - Come On Come On

Mary Chapin Carpenter (Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Vocals), J.T. Brown (Bass, Vocals), Jon Carroll (Piano, Synthesizer, Vocals), Rosanne Cash (Vocals), Shawn Colvin (Vocals), Denny Dadmun-Bixby (Bass), Joe Diffie (Vocals), Jerry Douglas (Dobro), Paul Franklin (Guitar, Steel Guitar, Pedabro, Pedal Steel), Bob Glaub (Bass), Indigo Girls (Vocals), John Jarvis (Piano), John Jennings (Bass, Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Percussion, Vocals), John Jorgenson| (Guitar, Electric Guitar), Robbie Magruder (Drums), Mike McAdam (Guitar, Electric Guitar, Tremolo), Edgar Meyer (Bass, Double Bass), Andy Newmark (Drums), Amy Ray (Vocals), Matt Rollings (Piano), Emily Saliers (Vocals) and Benmont Tench (Hammond organ).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this Sunday afternoon with Mary with her very talented and fantastic group of supporting musicians and they are sounded sublime! Just love her music and one of those albums that has been played quite a bit since it was released back in December 1991…

15 Likes

The Carpenters, now & then. Less than 38mins long album, that’s way too short for Capenters, right? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

17 Likes

Sakamoto’s brilliant 1983 LP Music Book - contains such bangers as “Tibetan Dance” and “Etude”.

13 Likes

Golden Earring - Moontan

11 Likes

Sophie Zelmani, precious burden. :smiling_face:

4 Likes

More YMO genius…

11 Likes

Secrets of the Beehive has long been my ‘go to’ album from an audiophile/hi-fi viewpoint for testing/demos and of course simply enjoying - it’s brilliant.

Thanks for posting as I’d forgotten Sakamoto collaborated on it.

4 Likes

They were just so awesome, we will never see their like again:

9 Likes

How on earth have I missed output from YMO all these years?

I fell in love with them back in 1979, when I heard their first album on import. I saw them live the following year and they blew me away. Sakamoto (RIP), Takahashi (RIP), Hosono and programmer Matsutake were pioneers, up there with Kraftwerk. They weren’t just brilliant musicians, they were highly subversive too, playing with Western perceptions of what it was to be Japanese. Their catalogue is worth careful investigation.

4 Likes

Oh my word…Behind The Mask!

Context please??? So familiar, but how, where, when?

4 Likes