What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

@Alley_Cat – Try the Technodelic and BGM albums – “Pure Jam”, “Nue Tanz”, “Seoul Music”, “Key”, “Loom”, “Gradated Grey”, “Happy End”, “Camouflage”, “1,000 Knives”… majestic!

2 Likes

Ok, will do!

Hopefully most on Qobuz or Apple Musak.

1 Like

I love how on the rear of the sleeve they list all their equipment, and how much it cost.

8 Likes

As a kid I listened to this album over and over along with Bridge over Troubled Water both on cassette tapes. Both albums are burnt into my soul and still love them now ! Fortunately today I have a much better system to enjoy them fully :grinning:

4 Likes

Been spinning, speaking metaphorically of course as I stream everything off Tidal these days this great album,

17 Likes

Irish trad with drums and guitars can be hit or miss, this is certainly in the hit vein.

Qobuz: the olllam by the olllam
Tidal: the olllam by the olllam
Spotify: the olllam by the olllam

.sjb

6 Likes

I played this for the first time last night. Wow! What a voice, and what great songs.

1 Like

Excellent remix of GoGo Penguin by Portico Quartet.

[Brings new life to tracks that I have overplayed.]

7 Likes

Breathtaking.

7 Likes

More thrift store 50-cent vinyl in what appears to be fine condition:

1981 pressing.

10 Likes

Thanks, that is great to hear & you might find yourself digging into his back catalogue! His live album, Guide Me Back Home is pretty wonderful - I have to say that this was another discovery from a posting on this forum a few years ago.

1 Like

More superb Paul.

12 Likes

Illustrated Musical Encyclopedia ?

2 Likes

‘The Dude’ - Quincy Jones

The man is a genius.

11 Likes

Enjoy, my fav track is tr2, but all are good

Michel Petrucciani Trio In Tokyo / 1999 Dreyfus / France CD / FDM366052

I took my Dad to see this Trio at the Brecon Jazz Festival in 1998. As you would expect, it was an astonishingly good performance.

Michel Petrucciani Piano
Anthony Jackson Bass
Steve Gadd Drums

5 Likes

Music good, sound average

6 Likes
17 Likes

Taj Mahal - Giant Step

15 Likes

Ahmad Jamal Crystal / 1987 Atlantic / US CD / 817932

Often overlooked, this in my view is one of AJ’s best recordings. The uptempo tracks are full of pace, rhythm and timing, and the contrasting slower numbers have a delicate touch with fine quality.

8 Likes