What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Now playing…

Bonnie Raitt (Electric Slide Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Vocals), Jon Cleary (Percussion, Electric Piano, Vocals), Ricky Fataar (Drums, Percussion, Vocals), Mike Finnigan (Hammond B3, Vocals), Kenny Greenberg (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar), James Hutch Hutchinson (Bass), George Marinelli (Electric Guitar, Percussion, Vocals) and Glenn Patscha (Clavinet, Fender Rhodes, Hammond B3, Piano, Electric Piano, Vocals, Wurlitzer).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this morning with this April 2022 released by Bonnie which contains her song that won the 2023 Grammy Award for Song of the Year, “Just Like That.” …and Bonnie and her band are sounding mighty fine!

16 Likes

Thousand Knives of Ryuichi Sakamoto

He playes - Synthesizer [Moog Iii-c, Poly Moog, Mini Moog, Micro Moog, Oberheim Eight Voice Polyphonic, Arp Odyssey, Korg Ps-3100], Vocoder [Korg Vc-10], Sequenced By [Korg Sq-10 Analog Sequencer], Electronic Drums [Syn-drums], Piano [Acoustic Piano], Marimba

My CD was on the Denon label.

9 Likes

On SACD, one of Sakamto-san’s most enigmatic solo releases. Contains the (in)famous “Riot In Lagos”. Hard to believe this was recorded 43 years ago!

6 Likes

Oscar Peterson Trio
Night Train + The Jazz Soul Of Oscar Peterson / 2012 Verve / EU CD / 06007 5340118

2 LP’s on 1 CD release

17 Likes

Thanks. Thinking of adding an amp to my Atom is why I asked. Tried it with my little class D Aiyima (wasn’t expecting great things SQ wise), but the big surprise was that the Atom didn’t get as good performance from it in terms of volume as the Schitt pre it normally sits with. I’ll take some advice from my dealer, I guess. Thanks again.

1 Like

Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats - The Future. Released in 2021, this is a very enjoyable soulful album.

7 Likes

Just finished this, as recommended by @anon79335726. Bloody brilliant (All 2hr40min of it!), an absolutely superb quality recording.

The Grateful Dead - Cornell 5/8/77

What a time to be alive!

11 Likes

Enjoying this but not sure what to wear while listening

Polo neck late 50’s or a double gold chain late 70’s.
Jazzed up soul or soulful jazz?

5 Likes

Now playing…

Billie Marten - Feeding Seahorses By Hand

Billie-Marten (Vocals, Guitar, Marimba, Piano, Synth, Musical Box), Ethan Johns (Bass, Guitar, Drums, Drum Machine, Keyboards, Mellotron, Omnichord, Percussion, Synth), Rich Cooper (Bass, Drums, Keyboards) and Ben Burrows (Bass).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… continuing on through the noon hour with this fine album from Billie released in 2019 and she with the band are sounding mighty fine! Something nice and gentle after going out and covering a couple of miles along with climbing 50 flights of stairs. Life is sweet and so is the music…

6 Likes

Seeing him and Beck on Thursday night in Sydney, looking forward to both but especially Robert.

3 Likes

As @Ian acquaints himself with the Prefab Sprout output, I thought I would listen to one of Mr McAloon’s side projects

Jimmy Nail - Crocodile Shoes.

9 Likes

Wasn’t sure where to start this evening - I wanted something a little different and came across this in my collection ….

An old Naim Sampler….

Sounding rather nice it is too!!!

4 Likes

An amazing Beatles at Stowe School in 1963 (of all places!) feature.

And remarkable audio snippets of the actual school show.

6 Likes

Now playing…

Eurythmics - Touch

*Annie Lennox (Vocals, Keyboards, Flute), David A. Stewart (Guitars, Keyboards, Dulcimer), Xylophone Vocals, Drum Sequencer, Synthesiser Sequencer), D-ick Cuthell (Trumpet, Flugelhorn, Cornet), Dean Garcia (Bass Guitar), Michael Kamen (String Arrangements, String Conducting), British Philharmonic Orchestra (Strings) and Martin Dobson (Baritone Saxophone).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… continuing on this afternoon with the Eurythmics and Annie and the band are sounding mighty sweet! …an oldie but goodie from days gone by.

28 Likes

An excellent bass and piano duo album. Most enjoyable.

4 Likes

Rumer, Nashville Tears. :smiling_face:

10 Likes

Nancy Sinatra, boots. :smiling_face:

9 Likes

A classic recorded in London at Trident and Island Studios.

Chris Spedding on guitar, Klaus Voorman and Herbie Flowers on bass and Jim Gordon on drums. Harry takes care of keyboards.

Takes ‘Without You’ off the album to No. 1

Harry Nilsson - Nilsson Schmilsson

25 Likes

A change of format brings this….

Don’t think I need say anymore….

7 Likes

The Kinks - Percy.

10 Likes