What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

On vinyl from the box set… :notes: :grinning: :+1:t3: :sunglasses:

13 Likes

Lindisfarne - Fog On The Tyne.

22 Likes

33 Likes

On Classic Records vinyl… :sunglasses: :notes: :+1:t3: :grinning:

17 Likes

1st run

6 Likes

Now playing…

Tomasz Stańko Quintet - Dark Eyes

Tomasz Stanko (Trumpet), Alexi Tuomarila (Piano), Jakob Bro (Guitar), Anders Christensen (Bass) and Olavi Louhivuori (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… kicking off this cold and damp Monday morning with this beautiful album from Tomasz with his talented quintet and they are sounding sublime! …one very sweet album.

10 Likes

Enjoying on Vinyl from the late Gene Clark

Gene_Clark_-_No_Other

12 Likes

The Allman Bros. Band - At Fillmore East.

24 Likes

Came on this via an article on the always interesting Aquarium Drunkard website.

7 Likes

I hope it told you to just buy the whole Bobby Henderson catalogue.

2 Likes

The strangest YMO album. As well as the tongue in cheek cover of Archie Bell & The Drells’ “Tighten Up” (a US hit) and various novelty tunes and jingles, it contains various bizarre comedy sketches by the Snakeman Show troupe. Weird.

6 Likes

They didn’t, but they did recommend this, which is pretty damn good

3 Likes

Now playing…

Tomasz Stańko Quartet- Suspended Night

Tomasz Stanko (Trumpet), Marcin Wasilewski (Piano), Slawomir Kurkiewicz (Double-Bass) and Michal Miskiewicz (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this morning with another album from Tomasz and he along with Marci, Slawomir and Michael are sounding mighty sweet! One fabulous quartet…

10 Likes

Les Dudek - Les Dudek (1976)

Les has played guitar with Miller Steve, The Allman Brothers and Boz Scaggs, the latter is producer here.

Some great funky southern guitar.

7 Likes

From 1991, a double CD, recorded live in London, Paris and New York during the 1979 tour…

4 Likes

I think someone mentioned this here, anyway I got the CD as I have never heard them before to the best of my knowledge
Ripped CD - enjoying it a lot - nice airy recording !!!

Any other recommendations ?

13 Likes

1st run

7 Likes

The whole Catalogue (on Hi Res)

5 Likes

Bobby Hutcherson ‎Happenings / 1986 Blue Note / Japan CD No Obi / CP325217

Vibraphone Bobby Hutcherson
Piano Herbie Hancock
Bass Bob Cranshaw
Drums Joe Chambers

11 Likes

Yes that’s right. I use the RCA preamp output into the Nirvana. The volume on the tube amp is set to a point that results in a 50 volume for normal listening and from there I just use the Naim remote to make adjustments etc.

2 Likes