What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Prompted by @Debs that today is Donald’s 75th Birthday, I decided to give this a spin in celebration!

Donald Fagen The Nightfly / 2017 Warner / Japan SHM CD / Paper Sleeve Edition / WPCR17866

27 Likes

Andrea Motis, emotional dance. :relaxed:

3 Likes

Diana Karl, the look of love. After listening to Andrea Motis’ I remember you, I remember Krall. :relaxed:

16 Likes

Now playing…

Charles Lloyd & The Marvels + Lucinda Williams - Vanished Gardens

Charles Lloyd (tenor saxophone, flute), Bill Frisell (guitars), Greg Leisz (pedal steel guitar, dobro), Reuben Rogers (bass), Eric Harland (drums) and Lucinda Williams (vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this afternoon with another album from Charles and The Marvels and they are sounding sublime! I just love the opening track of this album ‘Defiant’ with the magnificent interplay between the musicians. This is one sweet album with Lucinda providing vocals on a number of tracks.

12 Likes

Is there an ‘a’ in the day?.. what better reason could you ask for :wink:

14 Likes

1 Like

I was referring to the Beth Hart album :+1:

Now playing…

Charles Lloyd & the Marvels - Tone Poem

Charles Lloyd (Tenor Saxophone, Alto Flute); Bill Frisell (Guitar), Greg Leisz (Steel Guitar), Reuben Rogers (Bass), Eric Harland (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz 96/24)… continuing on this afternoon with the third album from Charles Llyod & The Marvels and they are sounding sublime! …simply marvelous!

9 Likes

Ah! Yes, I already have that one too. :blush:

Dire Straits Love Over Gold

29 Likes

Now playing…

Tord Gustavsen Trio - Opening

Tord Gustavsen (Piano), Steinar Raknes (Double Bass, Electronics) and Jarle Vespestad (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on into the late evening with Tord, Steinar and Jarle with their album released in April 2022. and they are sounding sublime! …I have the opportunity to see Tord in person next month and looking forward to seeing Tord and his trio. Life is sweet…

5 Likes

Eric Burbon Declares War

4 Likes

Jethro Tull Thick as a Brick

19 Likes

Some trax off the up and coming set from U2 to be released on St Patricks Day.
The set is entitled Songs of Surrender and it is reimagined 40 classic songs from the repertoire

6 Likes

Yes but are they any good?

This was on the list for yesterday, but so many good suggestions came up on this thread that it just kept getting pushed down the priority. Therefore, first on this morning and thoroughly enjoying it…

5 Likes

About Group - Start & Complete

A favourite album from members of Hot Chip, This Heat, and Spiritualized.

5 Likes

Kings of Convenience Riot On An Empty Street / 2004 Source / EU CD / 072435716652

9 Likes

Mark Knopfler - Down The Road Wherever

16 Likes

Dave Grusin Mountain Dance / 1984 GRP / Japan pressed for US CD / GRD9507

4 Likes