What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

36 Likes

The album before Start and Complete has the track Don’t Worry

A monster song with wonderful video:-

About Group - Don't Worry - YouTube.

1 Like

Editors - In Dream, on gold coloured vinyl… :notes: :grin: :+1: :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Martin Courtney – Many Moons
CD rip|2015

Indie rock. Martin is from the band Real Estate. Similar vibe to those records.

3 Likes

Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers - Moanin’ CD rip.

16 Likes

Maybe I have mentioned it before, I do like a good live album.
This is definitely one I like. I understand that it was recorded, produced etc, etc actually ‘on the road’. If so they did a terrific job!

19 Likes

OMD - Architecture & Morality - 1981

Another album which made me kick myself for not playing more before last year. Another cover by Peter Saville which I like … he got around a bit in the 80’s!

23 Likes

More booty Floyd. A two-CD definitive collection of all the Zabriskie Point sessions from late '69.

5 Likes

Now playing…

Dire Straits - Dire Straits

Mark Knopfler (Rhythm Guitar, Vocals), John Illsley (Bass, Vocals), David Knopfler (Rhythm Guitar, Vocals) and Pick Withers (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… kicking off this Wednesday morning with Dire Straits to help get the feet moving this morning and they are sounding mighty sweet!

31 Likes

22 Likes

Al Kooper - Naked Songs ( from 1972)

Two nice songs (Been & Gone and Peacock Lady) about then girlfriend Annette Peacock

6 Likes

Inspired by @Chime101 and their album of the week thread, remember seeing these with PSB but was irked by the vocalist’s delivery even though the songs were good… on the album the vocal track is a little lower in the mix which is nice,

3 Likes

WTF……I cannot find Darkness on the Edge of Town on Quboz. :sob: This is serious so might have to switch back to Tidal….
Anybody else have this problem?

14 Likes

1971 - Handel // Water music - LSO : George Szell

10 Likes

Now playing…

Dire Straits - Money for Nothing

Streaming on Qobuz (192/24)… continuing on this morning with this re-released collection of material from Dire Straits this past June and the music is sounding mighty sweet!

19 Likes

Back in the house. Cats fed, fire lit and chores finished.
A little Rickie Lee Jones before I start dinner I think… :thinking:

23 Likes

Good time George, feetwarmingly entertaining fun…

George Melly - The Pye Jazz Anthology

:heart:

6 Likes

Tales of the Algonquin - Johns Surman & Warren with an ace big band including the likes of Kenny Wheeler, Harry Beckett (t), Stan Sulzman, Alan Skidmore (s) and John Taylor (p).

Glorious ensemble playing and scintillating perfectly judged soloing. Dated - nah could’ve been recorded yesterday. Excellent Gearbox/British Jazz Explosion remastered reissue.

6 Likes

Ruins. Absolutely brilliant.

17 Likes

New Order - Technique - 1989

Storming album, with another storming cover by Peter Saville!

13 Likes