What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Anyone listened to these guys? Seen them a few times in Greenwich Village. Always impressed live with the tuba addition. Sounds great to me on disc too.

1 Like

Rocks Off, socks on.

The (non-hires) Qobuz file is the best I’ve heard this mastered. It’s better than my Bob Ludwig Virgin cd release.

G

16 Likes

2014 vinyl release… :notes: :sunglasses: :+1:t3:

18 Likes

Listening to a selection of their stuff now, thanks for the tip. Interesting mix of styles and instrumentation - love that tuba. Bet they’re great live.

Bob Dylan - Street Legal. Listened to this earlier on vinyl. I think this was the first Bob Dylan album I ever bought in my teens. It must be decades since I since I last heard it, but I wanted to hear Changing of the Guards as I love that song.

20 Likes

IMG_0539

2014 remaster, on vinyl… :notes: :grinning: :+1:t3:

23 Likes

Little bit of Al on this sunny afternoon. Al Stewart - Past, Present and Future. My second favourite of his. Saw him in Bristol a couple of years back, great gig, even though he does look like a geography teacher trying to be down with the kids these days.

13 Likes

Jonah Tolchin - Fires For The Cold. I don’t know much about Jonah, but it seems he has released a few albums since 2012. In a folky singer-songwriter vein, with some interesting guests, such as Rickie Lee Jones, Jackson Browne, Sara Watkins and Fred Tackett. Also, contains a cover of Little Feat’s Roll Um Easy.

4 Likes

The very definition of ‘raw’.

G

20 Likes

Remix the Universe, New Age Doom / Lee “Scratch” Perry

Different direction for Lee, mostly away from the standard reggae/dub constructs and some great dynamics to give your system a good workout…

3 Likes

Enjoying on CD

4 Likes

The Complete Stax/Volt singles 1959-1968
Enjoying disc 7 of this essential 9 cd box.
Cd rip

And that’s some house band they’ve got there😎

14 Likes

Bob James + Earl Klugh Cool / 2015 Warner / Japan CD / WPCR28181

4 Likes

Mingus - The Black Saint and the Sinner Lady

I saw this mentioned on Twitter in a ‘top five jazz’ thread and thought I hadn’t played it for a very long time. During that time my stereo has changed beyond all recognition. Last time I played it was on a CDS2, NAC52, 2xNAP135 and NBLs. It sounded good, but I realise now how much I was missing. This is an astonishing work.

14 Likes

Led Zeppelin. Coda. 1982. Compilation of odds and ends. Sadly not the expanded version, which I thought I was ordering when I bought it 2 or 3 years ago.

21 Likes

Gorgeous day, glad I took it off.

Done with the chores and now some K&D and end of day workout, cold ones in the fridge being eye’d.

7 Likes

A Flock of Dimes - Head of Roses. Released a couple of years ago, this is a vehicle for musician, Jenn Wasner of the duo, Wye Oak. Jenn has also worked with Sylvan Esso and Nick Sanborn of that band co-produces this album.

4 Likes

Hugely enjoyable acoustic Dead set on Vinyl - Sound quality is lovely

Grateful_Dead_-_Reckoning
images (11)

9 Likes

@Tabbycat Brings lump to my throat every time I hear Jerry sing these words from China doll.
Great album
IMG_2402

2 Likes

Steely Dan - Countdown To Ecstasy
See this has been reissued today. Playing my original copy

22 Likes