What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Now playing…

Waxahatchee - Saint Cloud

Katie Crutchfield (vocals, acoustic guitar, piano, keys), Brad Cook (bass, acoustic guitar, piano, keys, synth), Bobby Colombo (electric guitar, acoustic guitar, keys), Bill Lennox (electric guitar, acoustic guitar, keys, percussion), Nick Kinsey (drums, percussion) and Josh Kaufman (electric guitars, piano, organ, percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… kicking off this Friday morning with Waxahatchee’s ‘Saint Cloud’ album released in March 2020. … and Katie’s vocals along with this very fine group of musicians are sounding sublime! It has been awhile since I have had this album out for a spin and needs to to see the light of day a bit more often…

13 Likes

POB/Yoko Ono

12 Likes

Discovered this here, has fast become one of my firm favourites. Truly lovely album.

1 Like

Magic album :grinning:

2 Likes

It is

Gerry Rafferty - City To City

23 Likes

The Whale/John Tavener

8 Likes

Mr Wonder. Fulfillingness’ First Finale. 1974. This guy’s records still have the ability to amaze.
“Stevie Wonder can eat me for breakfast as far as musicianship goes, but that doesn’t make me angry or jealous or uptight. I’d give anything to have his talent.”
Elton John – ‘Playboy Interview’

24 Likes

In the garden with a nice glass of white, Tin Drum spinning, Sons of Pioneers playing. All in all not half bad.
Japan_tindrum

20 Likes

Its going on in a bit :grinning:

2 Likes

Various – Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol3 (Awesome Mix Vol3)
CD|2023

5 Likes

This one even gets this old bugger with two left feet dancing. Well, tapping his feet in the erroneous belief that he’s keeping to the rhythm. It’s also a great album for putting a system through its paces, for those who have time for such things.

1 Like

Now playing…

Areni Agbabian - Bloom

Areni Agbabian (Voice, Piano) and Nicolas Stocker (Drums, Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this morning with Areni’s Bloom a release from April, 2019 and she is sounding sublime! …it has been awhile and I do enjoy this beautiful album.

3 Likes

I’m in that zone as well. Anyhow lobbed this K&D on first, from 1996.
71bV0rPzb3L.AC_SY355

4 Likes

I’m about to try the new one from Kruder & Di Gioia, called “--------”

First play…

Acoustic Sounds Series vinyl released today… :notes: :sunglasses: :+1:t3: :grinning:

10 Likes

Great sounding pre-Parlophone Beatles, here backing Tony Sheridan.

10 Likes

Got the Old Skool country honk of No Expectations in my head on the way to Liverpool St this arvo so a good excuse to play the whole of this classic. On remarkably good considering Decca blue label vinyl.

20 Likes

It’s like you’ve been watching me!

1 Like

The Christians. Live Unplugged. CD. My signed copy. Garry Christian has an amazing voice and Henry Priestman was a great writer imho.

They were a really talented band. Although there were 3 brothers with the surname Christian, I feel it was a poor name for the band. In many shops the records were to be found in the religious section.

7 Likes