What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

That looks interesting. We went to Brighton Dome a few years ago for a concert of a new Reich work - a premiere on tour if you like. After the main programme, Steve jumped up from the front row and went on stage for a duet performance of Clapping. I hadn’t realised he was in the audience, it was really nice to have him there.

1 Like

Just finished…

Sara K. - Water Falls

Streamed on Qobuz (44.1/16)… after a busy morning of running errands, a 90 minute visit at the gym, then cleaning myself up I sat and listened to the fabulous Sara K. and she sounded sublime.

9 Likes

Now playing,

Sara K. - Hell or High Water

Sara K. (Guitar, Vocals), Beo Brockhausen (Autoharp, Fujara, Glass Harp, Harpsichord, Kalimba, Kantele, Low Whistle, Ocarina, Percussion, Saxophone, Tin Whistle), Bruce Dunlap (Guitar),Chris Jones|Dobro, Guitar), Michael Kleinhans (Tuba), Hans-Jörg Maucksch (Fretless Bass), Brian O’Connor (Flute), Michel Poffet (Bowed Bass), Hrólfur Vagnsson (Accordion), Christian Willisohn (Piano) and Grischka Zepf (Electric Bass).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on with a cup of coffee, Sandwich and Sara K., and she and the band are sounding mighty sweet!

6 Likes

You’re spot on - a great album. I must dig it out later this week for a long overdue listen.

Harold Budd - The Pavilion of Dreams

The first track is one of the most beautiful pieces of music I have heard - just stunning.

Produced by Brian Eno with a cast including Marion Brown, Gavin Bryers and Michael Nyman.

10 Likes

Birdy, young heart. :smiling_face:

9 Likes

Death Cab For Cutie - Asphalt Meadows. Second spin of their latest release (well, from 2022).

3 Likes

Each.

Lol

Paul Simon - There Goes Rhymin’ Simon.

13 Likes

Patricia Barber, companion. :smiling_face:

7 Likes

Gary Numan - The Pleasure Principle - 1979

Reckon Simon will like this one. Apart from the usual, Airlane and Metal, crackers :grinning:

10 Likes

Colin Scot - debut album from 1971.

One of the great ‘lost’ British albums. Now available on Qobuz.

Not many people on their debut could attract a backing band including Robert Fripp, Davey Johnstone, Brinsley Schwarz, Jon Anderson, Peter Gabriel, Rick Wakeman, Peter Hammill, Phil Collins, Alan Hull and Jane Relf.

9 Likes

Very jealous that you’ve seen him live! This is a great recording - just sat through the whole piece and it is completely mesmerising. You get a real sense of the space at Abbey Road and obviously brilliant with the Nova/25.21s !

Bedtime tunes:

1 Like

41eVDF0IgZL.AC
Boz Scaggs - Memphis.

12 Likes

Talking Heads - Speaking In Tongues - 1983

Like a fine red wine …

19 Likes

Goldfrapp, seventh tree. :smiling_face:

13 Likes

Now playing…

Billy Raffoul - International Hotel

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… after running a couple of errands back home and taking Billy’s August 2020 album out for a spin and he is sounding mighty fine on the opening track!

1 Like

Are you referring to me sir - if so yes - if not I’ll go away quietly :smile:

1 Like