What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Pink Floyd - Delicate Sound of Thunder

Playing the material on disc two from this set (original master). I think I saw PF on this tour.

20 Likes

Another solo Wilson project is I.E.M. Largely instrumental and in style sort of a mix of Krautrock and 70’s Jazz Rock, probably largely improvised. At times hard work, at times brilliant.

1 Like

What a lovely way to start my days listening in the Cabin. Doors open wide and enjoying this beautiful sunny day. Nice choice @Clive :blush:

I think that calls for the 3LP Special Edition, don’t you?:wink:

11 Likes

Master Wilburn Burchette - Opens the Seven Gates of Transcendental Consciousness.

“California mail-order mystic Master Wilburn Burchette was first known from his ads, hidden in the back pages of Fate Magazine, Beyond Reality, and Gnostica News. On his 1972 sophomore album, Burchette channels dreamy early music, druid folk, electric fingerstyle, psychedelic balladry, and new age ontology to create a visionary guitar technique all his own.”

Strangely absorbing. At times his guitar work sounds like a less precise Roy Harper, at others it’s just weird sh*t.

4 Likes

Streaming via Arte:
Billy Cobham’s Spectrum 50 Project
Monte-Carlo Jazz Festival

https://www.arte.tv/en/videos/120107-003-A/billy-cobham-s-spectrum-50-project/

5 Likes

Hi @GeoffC Welcome, I hope you’ll enjoy it. I’m linking the concert I was talking about. Great, I didn’t expect a new album coming out, where did you find those new tracks from Jeff Lorber? I didn’t see anything on his website.

Maybe you already know this album (Gerald Albright - Sax for Stax), however I would like to share it as well, I find it nice:

5 Likes

Kraftwerk - Autobahn
Record

30 Likes

Olivia Newton-John, physical. :smiling_face:

8 Likes

Bob Dylan and The Band, The Basement Tapes.

16 Likes

Tangerine Dream - Rubycon
Many a night spent listening to this with the lights out as a teenager, seemed to last longer in those days
Record

23 Likes

The Rolling Stones - England’s Newest Hit Makers - 2002 - ABKCO SACD 8822872

16 Likes

It’s a long story, but without going into details - I have Jeff’s personal email address and we have some short conversations a few times a year - obviously, I don’t want to be a bother to a very busy, Grammy winning professional musician!

With the London show coming up in November, I emailed him to say we had tickets etc, and he gave me some info on the next release. Then to my complete surprise he sent me a couple of the new tracks, for my ears only and not to share anywhere - which, of course I will strictly adhere to.

The two that I have, are ‘Old School’ style JLF with a modern twist, so hopefully the rest of the recording will be as good.

6 Likes

Sonic Youth. Nuff said.

Sonic Youth
Sonic Nurse
Geffen
2015 reissue

7 Likes

The Beatles - Please Please Me, the '09 remaster in stereo.

20 Likes

Nick Drake - Five Leaves Left
Record

28 Likes

Little Village. Vinyl. 1992. A prompt from yesterday, thank you. I think I read that they split up after arguing over the split of money, mainly driven by Lowe. Shame because they were really good.

“The band, a super-group comprising Ry Cooder, John Hiatt, Nick Lowe and Jim Keltner, released the album, went on a tour of the US and Europe to support it, and disbanded the year of its release.” WIKI.

10 Likes

Wow, that’s a story, pretty cool to hear and thanks a lot for sharing such news, I really appreciate that.

I can’t wait to hear his new album, luckily it won’t be too long. Meanwhile I hope Jeff will share a few tracks to the public before releasing the full album. Fingers crossed!

What do you mean by “old school” style JLF? I think I have his last 6-7 albums (the oldest is “Now is the time”), I wonder if that style can be related to them or not.

3 Likes

Enjoying yesterday’s charity shop booty.

22 Likes

Jimi Hendrix - Valleys Of Neptune.

20 Likes

Joni Mitchell - Ladies Of The Canyon
Record

20 Likes