What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

I gave it a fair listen but I just can’t swallow it!
Sticking with original pressing.:sunglasses:

22 Likes

Ryan Power - World of Wonder. “Indie jazz psychedelia” it says here. Sounds about right. Suspect I might play this quite a bit, but probably not when Mrs R is in the room.

1 Like

Paul Simon - Rhythm of The Saints

19 Likes

Paul Simon - Graceland

28 Likes

Bob Dylan - Bob Dylan - CD (1962)

62 years ago Bobs debut album ‘Bob Dylan’ was released in the Untied States. Initially poor sales led the record to be known around Columbia Records as ‘Hammond’s Folly’ (John Hammond was producer of Dylan’s early recordings and the man responsible for signing Dylan). The album was praised by the New York City weekly newspaper Village Voice as an ‘explosive country blues debut’, but featured only two Dylan original compositions, ‘Talkin’ New York’ and ‘Song To Woody’, the rest being old folk standards.

11 Likes

15 Likes

Not played for a little while but up there with his best I reckon.

13 Likes

Paul Simon - Hearts and Bones

15 Likes

Recovering and listening/trying to play along with the title song from this fine album:

16 Likes

Now Playing…

Roger Waters - The Lockdown Sessions

Roger Waters (Vocals, Guitar, Piano), Dave Kilminster (Guitar, Rhythm Guitar),
Jonathan Wilson (Guitar, Harmonium, Synthesizer, Vocals), Gus Seyffert (Bass, Synthesizer, Cello, Vocals), Bo Koster (Hammond Organ), Robert Walter (Organ, Piano), Jon Carin (Keyboards, Synthesizer, Vocals), Joey Waronker (Drums, Percussion), Lucius (Vocals), Amanda Belair (Vocals), Shanay Johnson (Vocals), Ian Ritchie (Saxophone) and Nigel Godrich (Strings, Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… after a lovely sleep in this morning I am kicking off the day with Roger’s ‘The Lockdown Session’ and he and the band are sounding sublime!

20 Likes

Art Garfunkel - Breakaway - 1975 - Label CBS - OG Vinyl.

Probably his best solo album however, 1973 Angel Clare gives it a run for its money!

20 Likes
  1. Smooth melodic Jazz. Possibly my best recorded bit of vinyl.

7 Likes

Steven Wilson - The Raven That Refused to Sing (And Other Stories) - 2013

Some great dark moments on this album, I’m not 100% sold on SW yet though.

15 Likes

Pulp Fiction Soundtrack - 1994 - Label MCA - Reissued 2002 vinyl .

17 Likes

Bobbie Gentry & Glen Campbell - Bobbie Gentry & Glen Campbell - CD (1968)

14 Likes

First spin…

2012 Music On Vinyl reissue, what a great album!.. :sunglasses: :notes: :grin: :+1:

15 Likes

Jazzradio Schwarzenstein
A great day listening to jazz on Internet radio

URL for best quality https://fluxfm.streamabc.net/flx-jazzradio-mp3-320-9214342

2 Likes

Have You In My Wilderness/Julia Holter (2015).

Some fantastic moments throughout this pop-leaning, vaguely experimental sounding album.

Played this incessantly whilst working during a very, very hot month in Andalusia when it first came out.

Not quite the same effect today in less than temperate West Yorks.

12 Likes

Albinoni. Adagio in G. Vinyl. Lovely imho.

10 Likes

Gillian Welch - hell among the yearlings

16 Likes