What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

I’m sure someone will know who’s the artist and the name of the album, good idea keeping it a secret though.

3 Likes

John Smith - The Living Kind
New album and new artist to me, thanks to Qobuz/Roon.
Lovely tone and clarity to his voice and the acoustic arrangements sound great.

In the words of one critic - “The Living Kind is a gentle Americana masterpiece and a subtle, mesmerising work of profound beauty.”

I’d go along with that.

7 Likes

Sarah Jarosz, world on the ground. :smiling_face:

15 Likes

Lovely stuff from some big names in the folk world. Better, I think, than Stick In The Wheel’s own stuff - Kearey’s vocals being the archetypal acquired taste. Nice SQ. Uniti Core.

3 Likes

Bobby Womack - Communication

From 1971, Bobby with the Muscle Shoals team and Pam Grier on backing vocals.

Contains a superb cover James Taylor’s Fire & Rain.

13 Likes

Thanks to @Steve_S for posting some Pallas on the “latest music you’ve downloaded” thread. I hadn’t listened to them in what seems an age so I have had a bit of a “Pallas-Fest” the last 24 hours or so.

Pallas : The Dreams Of Men 2005 (Qobuz)

This one really kicks some serious prog. I might have to get the latest one The Messenger via Bandcamp soon.

Thanks Steve

8 Likes

Which is great, but if you don’t put the album/ band name in the post, we’ll keep on not knowing it. :grin:

1 Like

Ignore Steven Wilson and just listen to the guitar playing of Guthrie Govan instead!

2 Likes

Starting my immersion into the world of Joe, as I’ve just forked out to see him at the Royal Albert Hall on 4th April. Have to say this is very good…

Joe Bonamassa: Live from the Royal Albert Hall

10 Likes

My favourite Bill Callahan album, Dream River

12 Likes

Prompted by another thread David Bowie Low

29 Likes

Hi Johnt seeing your vinyl posts and being a fellow Hana ML user myself.
Just so impressed with mine.It gets so much right the midrange is so detailed and transparent and the high frequency is so light and airy.Basslines are really tight and extending.
Whats your thoughts on yours ?
A real peach of a cartridge a real sweet spot in their range.
Sorry to go a bit off topic in the Music Room but its a great tool for extracting vinyl bliss
Wishing you a good day and happy listening today
Cheers Ian

4 Likes

Sounding fantastic on Vinyl - Passions - Sanctuary

5 Likes

Cara Dillon - Wanderer. Bewitching.

12 Likes

D*ck Gaughan - Handful of Earth. Reminded of this fine album by Cara Dillon’s version of Both Sides the Tweed. His first name isn’t Duck, but the algorithm won’t let me post the real one. The AI apocalypse won’t come from machines taking over, but from people going berserk in frustration.

7 Likes

Seem to have descended into American heavy rock this morning.
Started with this:

…and have now moved on to this:

5 Likes

A beautiful album that brings back happy memories of evenings in the Sound Organisation where Hamish introduced me to it.

2 Likes

Seems to be a folk day. Unruly - The English Country Blues Band. Interesting blend of blues, early country and British folk on this compilation featuring both of the band’s albums and their only single.

4 Likes

Hi Ian, I have now had two Hana ML cartridges in the past 12 days. The first ML mistracked, on occasions skipped across the vinyl, always bounced up and down in the grooves and vocals sounded distorted. I spent several days looking at the alignment, VTA, VTF etc, thinking I had got it wrong. I even checked the stylus and cantilever with a microscope. I contacted the dealer and he thought there was a problem with the suspension and sent me another ML on a next day delivery, brilliant service. I installed the new ML and wow it was amazing!!, even without any run in. Your description is exactly what I am hearing. The ML is great great value for the money and I would highly recommend it, though I was very concerned to begin with. Enjoy your ML and the music.

2 Likes

I wanted to buy one as well. But here they told me it was a 5 months waiting in line… Happy listenings!

1 Like