What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Röyksopp – Profound Mysteries
CD|2022

synth-pop

11 Likes

Joining @Cmax in wishing Joe Satriani a happy birthday.

Joe Satriani: Surfing With The Alien

…and me with the man himself in 2018 along with John Petrucci and Uli John Roth at the G3 gig in Birmingham :blush:

12 Likes

Nicola Conte Other Directions / 2010 Schema / Italy CD x 2 / SCCD386

6 Likes

That’s brilliant, can’t beat that :+1:

1 Like

Taylor Swift, the tortured poets department. :smiling_face:

11 Likes

Very happy with this. Vinyl flat and quiet and the remix sounds wonderful to me

12 Likes

The Rolling Stones - Tattoo You - CD (1981)

21 Likes

‘Your Painted Smile’ is a decent track off this album.

Last two shirts…! Time for some post rock after the, well, rock!

Long Distance Calling - Eraser

6 Likes

Thanks for the kind words! :smiling_face: Technically, there IS a bug TV there, I tend to hide it with the cover in the pictures. There used to be panel curtains in front, until I got this TV. Turns out, it was too large for the two panels. I have some fabric and more hardware to fix it, but also in the process of arranging a remodeling of the room, so holding off until everything is a bit more clear as to what exactly will happen.

1 Like

Eric Steckel: Black Gold

Not played this in a while as I generally play Polyphonic Prayer or Grandview Drive, but this older album is also brilliant.

2 Likes

Sylvan Esso – No Rules Sandy
CD|2022

indie pop, synth-pop

3 Likes

Just rediscovered this

10 Likes

Daft Punk, discovery. :smiling_face:

16 Likes

David Bowie - Aladdin Sane

Not an album I play that often (I think this is the third time), but the LP12 was spinning and, well, what the heck!

26 Likes

Quadruple vinyl:

11 Likes

Joining in with the risqué covers brigade for my last on this afternoon.

Ana Popovic: Unconditional

6 Likes

Now Playing…

Antonio Forcione - Sketches of Africa

Antonio Forcione (Steel Guitar, 12-String Acoustic Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, 6-String Guitar, Steel String Guitar, Classical Guitar, Fretless Uddan), Cecilie Giskemo (Vocals), Jenny Adejayan (Cello), Dado Pasqualini (Djembe), Nathan Thomson (Double Bass, Flute), Enzo Zirilli (Drums, Percussion), Dominique Di Piazza (Electric Bass), Fulvio Sigurta (Flugelhorn), Nathan Thomson (Kalimba), Adriano Adewale (Percussion), Seckou Keita (Kora), Dado Pasqualini (Percussion), Chiwoniso Maraire (Vocals), Zamo Mbutho (Vocals) and Juldeh Camara (Fiddle, Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… returning home from having coffee with friends and sitting down with a bowl of banana, strawberries and rasberry yogurt and kicking off this morning with Antonio and he and his assembled group of talented musicians are sounding sublime!

17 Likes

Kate Bush - Hounds of Love

What a brilliant album this is! Playing the rip of the original CD release, which is better than the EMI 100 series remaster.

27 Likes

Christopher Cross - Another Page - CD (1983)

Not played in ages.

11 Likes