What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Ray Barretto - Indestructible

The legendary Ray Barretto king of the New York Latin scene. On the equally legendary Fania Records label.

I bought this in Colombia when I was sent out there to take care of business just before I retired.

8 Likes

Mrs Costello at her best I think

Not a well known album and probably comes in second to Deceptive Bends but a great listen none the less. And one of my favourite tracks to boot: the live version of the B side “Waterfall”

9 Likes

There certainly were some great albums out in 1972.

4 Likes

Via Qobuz Upnp thingy

18 Likes

Bedtime Tunes:

REO Speedwagon: The Hits Album

4 Likes

If I could only have one folk album. Haven’t played it for a while. Qobuz stream.

10 Likes

Released 47 years ago today (July 15, 1977).

1 Like

It is a brilliant album and so is the outtakes set from it. Her new one is excellent as well.

1 Like

I am agree with you ! Also I have seen you also like FREE “Live” (1971). Sorry for my curiosity but perhaps did you saw in concert FREE between 1968 and 1973 ? Thanks for your memories !

1 Like

Higly reccomended FORGOTTEN YESTERDAYS website with a lot of vintage stuff about all YES gigs played http://forgotten-yesterdays.com/
I suppose you saw YES shows played in Leicester 24 & 25 November 1980

Amazing ! I have seen this tour when ROBERT PLANT & BAND OF JOY played Berlin - Zitadelle Spandau 3 August 2011 !
Set list of the show:
Black Dog
Down To The Sea
Angel Dance
Houses Of The Holy
House Of Cards
Somewhere Trouble Don’t Go
Monkey
Satisfied Mind
Thank You
Ocean Of Tears
Black Country Woman
In The Mood
Please Read The Letter
Let The Four Winds Blow
Misty Mountain Hop
Shine It All Around
Ramble On
Bron Yr Aur Stomp (a truly rarity - was not played live since LED ZEPPELIN US Tour of 1977)
Gallows Pole

2 Likes

I’ve never seen YES.

The Golden Palominos - Visions of Excess

Production is of it’s time - 1985.

But what you get is vocals from Michael Stipe, John Lydon and Jack Bruce.

Carla Bley & Bernie Worrell on Hammond Organ.

Richard Thompson on guitar.

5 Likes

Some lovely Bach Sonatas for Violin And Harpsichord before leaving for work

9 Likes

From the Joe Henderson Mosaic box, with an excellent sideman appearance by Andrew Hill.

9 Likes

That’s a bit of a rareity I think. I have that and Blast Of Silence on which Syd Straw nails a beautiful cover of Lowell George’s/Feat’s I’ve Been The One. Great stuff.

2 Likes

What a voice!

14 Likes

Patti Smith - Horses
Record

20 Likes

Roxy Music - Flesh + Blood
Record

27 Likes