What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Hugh Masekela - 1994 - Hope - CD.

Hope is a live album recorded in Washington DC Blues Alley studio by a seven piece band. It is a wonderful album emotional and musically. Its also one of the very best sounding CDs in my collection.

12 Likes

2LP version.

12 Likes

David Bowie - Let’s Dance
Record

26 Likes

Joni Mitchell - Court and Spark
Record

20 Likes

Sorry I have sent the right message to wrong people ! Forgive me !

1 Like

Freddie Hubbard Goin’ Up / 2018 Blue Note / Japan SHM CD / UCCQ3011

Freddie Hubbard Trumpet
Hank Mobley Tenor Saxophone
McCoy Tyner Piano
Paul Chambers Bass
Philly Joe Jones Drums

Arrived in the post from Japan this morning, this was recorded in 1961 between his excellent Blue Note debut Open Sesame and Hub Cap. On first play - all sounds fabulous.

16 Likes

Sorry for my curiosity but I have seen an old post by you about GENESIS. Perhaps did you saw GENESIS in concert between 1969 and 1978 ? Did you remeber exactly when and where ? Thanks !

Arooj Aftab and her recent release Night Reign. Utterly superb. Looking forward to her live performance at Bristol Beacon in November. Great reviews of her recent live performance in London in the paper on Sunday.

11 Likes

As someone wrote in the comments below, it you’d have told me this existed I wouldn’t have believed you:

6 Likes

Pink Floyd - The Final Cut

A magnificent anti-war album. Playing the 2011 vinyl remaster which sounds fabulous.

21 Likes

@DrMark , this a pure fabrication, Stevie Riks is well known impressionist, with some reasonable impressions of The Beatles, If you Google him, it will give you a decent overview of his work.

2 Likes

Tubeway Army - Replicas
Record

18 Likes

John Lennon - Mind Games, giving the new remix another spin.

9 Likes

Gosh…….birmingham NEC…….great gig, Peter had left. Not much more sorry.

Jacqueline du Pre - The Great Cello Concertos: Elgar, Dvorak, Saint-Saens, Haydn…

13 Likes

Two Cassandra Jenkins sets prompted by Rigsby21

7 Likes

On CD.

10 Likes

Well I feel like a dumb@ss…a not uncommon situation, regrettably.

2 Likes

Roger Waters - The Dark Side of the Moon Redux (2023)

I didn’t get this at first, but I’m almost enjoying it today, or at least the musical passages.

19 Likes

Spear Of Destiny - One Eyed Jacks - 1984

Forgot I had this so why not eh?

6 Likes