What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Something soulful with coffee & Wordle this Sunday morning

Thee Sacred Souls: Thee Sacred Souls

1 Like

Sarah Walker’s Sunday morning Radio 3 show
Her enthusiasm and stories about the pieces shes playing are a joy
And as always @Clive if your tuned in on your 01 enjoy

7 Likes

Miles Davis - Dark Magus

Imagine you bought Kind of Blue 15 years earlier and turn up at Carnegie Hall in 1974 only to be hit by the g-force of three Hendrixian lead guitarists shredding away and Miles all over the place on electric wah-wah.

With a monumental rhythm section this double is so heavy it makes Black Sabbath sound like a bunch of pussy cats.

13 Likes

More loud stuff! This time some German prog metal. This is the third album in a concept where they explore the geological history of the earth and ends in the present. Guest appearance by Katatonia’s Jonas Renske is stellar!

The Ocean Collective - Phanerzoic II

1 Like

Budgie - In For The Kill
50 years ago tonight we had a great time at the Croydon Greyhound with Budgie. My ears rang for days.

9 Likes

On CD:-

Philip Lynott - Solo In Soho

12 Likes

Håvard Gimse Grieg Folk Dances, Songs / 2000 naim / Austria CD / naimcd059

3 Likes

Robert Palmer - Pressure Drop - CD (1975)

First of the day, and an excellent nudge from @twofifty

19 Likes

Average White Band - 1977 - Benny & US (with Ben E King) - Label - Atlantic- OG Vinyl.

This is the 6th album by AWB who were joined by Soul / R&B legend Ben E King.

Brilliant funk / soul for a Sunday morning.

15 Likes

Time for something new! Still Ozzy Prog and the singer is Jim Grey from Caligula’s Horse. Had seen this pass by in some channels and bit the bullet of buying the album. The physical copy isn’t here yet, so FLAC into the DAC it is (heh, that rhymes)

Arcane - Known/Learned

Sounding very good so far, very subdued, but the double album supposedly gets a bit louder as it goes on!

3 Likes

A perfect album I think, one Mrs twofifty and I have an enduring love for. That he comes from Batley & was such a suave bloke also makes me smile.

1 Like

12 Likes

Starting Sunday with a few tracks from Lidisfarne

15 Likes

Following last nights bedtime tunes of Charcoal Grace and @Boekster’s post this morning, we have gone for Caligula’s Horse Rise Radiant next this morning on Mrs Q’s system

3 Likes

Oscar Peterson The Sound Of The Trio / 2000 Verve Records / Germany CD / 5433212

13 Likes

Deadmau5 - Album Title Goes Here

Apologies to anyone within a few miles of me for track 1 - it wasn’t an earthquake it was just Deammau5

9 Likes

Robert Palmer - Clues - CD (1980)

My first Robert Palmer purchase on an Island label chrome cassette, remember them! I had just bought my first Nak and this was the first tape it played, happy days.

21 Likes

Tony Bennett & K.D. Lang - A Wonderful World - CD (2002)

In Memory of Tony Bennett 03/08/26 - 21/07/23

Its a year to the day that Tony Bennett passed away, he’s recorded many a duet, this is one of my favourite’s.

13 Likes

Telex - Looking For Saint-Tropez. Electronic project of Belgian jazzer Marc Moulin. Kraftwerk inspired but less straight-faced. Includes covers of Rock Around The Clock and Ça Plane Pour Moi. Fun.

5 Likes

Sounding lovely on CD
Mozart - Flute And Harp Concerto

11 Likes