What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

I haven’t seen it with the blurry cover before. My copy shows the very brave Mrs. Cave in sharp focus. I’m not saying that’s good or bad; I’m just making an observation.

1 Like

Alison Krauss & Union Station - Two Highways - CD (1989)

Alison Krauss, 53 Today 23/07/71

12 Likes

Marc Moulin - Sam’ Suffy (1974).
“Marc Moulin’s debut LP is a compelling and unique mosaic of jazz, soul, and electronic elements that employs sampled sounds and sequencers to startling effect, vividly anticipating the music of the not-so-distant future.”
Yep, that.

1 Like

Yeah, see what you mean. Well she is nude so it must have been a very puritanical website. Altho wikipedia seems ok now. Or perhaps the NAIM app is censoring it? Who wants to try with a really bad picture? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

David Liebman - Sweet Hands

Liebman was in Miles Davis’ band in the mid-70’s and here he is joined by Charlie Haden, Don Alias and John Abercrombie for this 1975 release.

IMG_9237

5 Likes

Now Playing…

Avi Kaplan | Floating on a Dream

Avi Kaplan (Vocals, Guitar), Aubrey Richmond (Violin), Chris Masterson (Guitars), Daniel Ellsworth (Piano, Organ, Synthesizer), Jamie Douglass (Drums, Percussion), John Schreffler Jr. (Pedal Steel), Joy Williams (Vocals), Kaleb Jones (Guitar), Smith Curry (Pedal Steel) and Ted Russell Kamp (Bass).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… a mention from @ewemon above had me place this album from Avi in the queue and now taking out for a spin… First time listen to Avi and and enjoying the opening track. Life is Sweet!

4 Likes

I remember when that first batch of A&M Horizons landed over here, bought the Thad Jones/Mel Lewis ‘Suite For Pops’. They set a new standard for gatefold notes over the topness (with stereo soundstage placement diagrams) and I think A&M pulled the plug after a few years having not recouped their investment. I think it was John Snyder ex of Impulse who was the driving force while it lasted.

I particularly like the two Sonny Fortunes and the Don Cherry.

1 Like

Happy 77th DE! CBS UK vinyl. Mint and just two quid, IIRC. Every track a banger.

9 Likes

With added bonus of Chris Spedding on guitars and Alan Wakeman on saxes !

1 Like

CD3 - John Peel broadcasts.

7 Likes

Rick’s cousin.

2 Likes

And still gigging to good effect (last caught him in a Mike Westbrook lineup).

2 Likes

Herbie Flowers on bass for many of them.

1 Like

Wow. Those low frequencies from the Pedals… :open_mouth:

8 Likes

@Dynaudio1 @AndyP - the biggest bonus is that David’s an Iron!

5 Likes

Now Playing…

Chris Stapleton - Starting Over

Chris Stapleton (Acoustic Guitar, Vocals), Morgane Stapleton (Vocals), Dave Cobb (Acoustic Guitar), Jarrod Travis Cure (Bass Guitar), Derek Mixon (Drums) and Benmont Tench (Hammond B3).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this afternoon with Chris’s album from 2020 and he and the band are sounding mighty sweet! It has been a while since I have had this out for a spin…

5 Likes

Is that Billy Bonds and the real Frank Lampard?

1 Like

It is indeed @bhoyo

1 Like

Bobbie’s 1968 “lost jazz album”, released in 2021 on vinyl:

8 Likes

15 Likes