What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

The Cars - Heartbeat City - CD (1984)

Its 40 years since the release of ‘Drive’

15 Likes

Ali Farka Toure - Niafunke

11 Likes

Trying this one….

4 Likes

I have got 2 different copies of this on CD. But this vinyl copy which is mint and seems to be on 180g vinyl leaves the CD 's for dead
@TheKevster …whats your opinion on this copy is it an original first edition ?
Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon ( but who doesn’t know that :rofl: )

17 Likes

Bobbie’s final album, released 53 years ago. She wrote it, produced it and did the cover painting. It’s a masterpiece of course. UK first press.

10 Likes

@Tabbycat

Ian, it’s a 1974 Greek pressing. Not first, but 2nd or 3rd, however the metalwork was cut by the legendary Harry T Moss. So it’ll be a good 'un.

4 Likes

It may be a Greek first press (have to check Discogs). It’s not UK.

Edit/ Kev beat me to it! :grin:

2 Likes

A really great Prog Metal album, could be in my year end top ten

1 Like

Dead Can Dance - In Concert - Opium

12 Likes

Thanks Stevie and Kev for the information
As I say the sound quality is stunning …vinyl takes some beating on an exceptional well mastered album …you know when its good cause it makes you smile and all the Linn upgrades money wise are forgotten.

2 Likes

Don’t get mistaken by the Trio indication, solo jazz piano…

1 Like

jack_white_no_name_a947388f26-3687888699
Given away in Third Man record stores to customers on Friday. Instagram urged recipients to ‘Rip it.’ A very White Stripes / Dead Weather sound. You can’t buy the LP or stream it, so unless you got one on Friday, MP3 via You Tube is the only way. A classic Jack White sound and not a bootleg, but a sanctioned release. I like this, it is nostalgic for me as I used to drive home to disks of Jack and ‘his sister’ Meg years ago.

8 Likes

John Kaizan Neptune - Asian Roots

This is very 3 dimensional when listening on headphones. Great album beautifully recorded!

7 Likes

Queen - A Night At The Opera.

26 Likes

Amy Winehouse - Back To Black - CD (2006)

In Memory Of Amy 14/09/83 - 23/07/11

23 Likes

Bobbie’s third album, recorded in 1968, mostly in London (at Abbey Road) which might account for the three Fabs covers (best of which is a gorgeous, lounge-y “Here There And Everywhere”). Her singing, particularly on the cover of Kenny Rankin’s “Peaceful” is sensational, and her five original compositions are typically well-crafted observations on Mississippi life, lore, character and culture.
UK first press vinyl.

11 Likes

Anna St. Louis – In The Air
CD|2023

Some folk, along with other genres.

3 Likes

Joining you Kev for some Bobbie…I love Fancy …rags to riches …what a story !
Bobbie Gentry - The Capitol Years

10 Likes

Chicken Shack - Imagination Lady (1972)

11 Likes

Deus debut, Worst Case Scenario. Such a great album I wonder why I never bought more of their stuff. Uniti Core.

4 Likes