What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Enjoying…

Fink | ‘Beauty in your Wake’

Been playing this album a number of times now over the weeks since release and each time it seems to grow on me such that I’ve now added it to my list of Naim/Qobuz app favourites.

Beautifully recorded (reportedly in a modern studio in a chapel in a small Cornish village, facing the Atlantic) with some great acoustic instrumentation interplay and Fin’s (now) ‘serious’ folk-like vocals floating over the tunes.

No particular favourite track as pretty much every one of the ten offer something likeable to me.

Enjoyable album to sit back, relax and let the music wash over you.

Sublime…
Qobuz 24/48
ERA-1s

11 Likes

Classic. No introduction required (i think?)

22 Likes

Listening on Bandcamp at the moment, but I think the CD will be added to the list.

7 Likes

4 Likes

Candlemass - Nightfall (Original 1988 US pressing)

Over 35 years since its release and Nightfall remains an absolute classic and a cornerstone of doom/power metal. Taking elements from NWOBHM, thrash and doom, throwing in tight, crushing riffs that balance energy with measured weight and the operatic vocals of Messiah Marcolin, Candlemass produce a sound that is unique and difficult to replicate. Age has not blunted its edges and it’s an album that I return to often that always finds ways to energise and stir the soul. Special mention goes to closing track “Black Candles,” an instrumental written by Mike Wead that has such a sharp, modern sound that it wouldn’t be out of place on a modern thrash album. Simply ageless.

Speaking of sounding contemporary, this original pressing is a stunner, crisp and weighty with gobs of detail that rivals the best records pressed today. A must-have if you’re a Candlemass fan.

1 Like

Bowie Diamond Dogs

22 Likes

A blast from the past Little Hero’s Play by Numbers featuring One Perfect Day

2 Likes

Serpentine Prison Matt Berninger

18 Likes

Sally Yeh youtube compilation

Robert Forster Candle and the Flame

4 Likes

Speaks for itself. :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s a sh1t-kicker of a record! :grimacing::zap::hatched_chick:

Breath of fresh air, to be honest.

2 Likes

1 Like

U2 - Zooropa - CD (1993)

U2 started a two-week run at No.1 on the US album chart with ‘Zooropa’ the Irish bands fourth US No.1.

11 Likes

John Mayall - The Sun Is Shining Down

Seemed appropriate this morning.

13 Likes

John Mayall & The Bluesbreakers

As It All Began: The Best Of John Mayall & The Bluesbreakers 1964-1969

R.I.P.

Edward

19 Likes

R.I.P🫤

14 Likes

Seemed appropriate after finding out about the passing of JM.

19 Likes

Enchanting Albinoni
Albinoni - The Albinoni Adagio And Four Venitian Concertos

9 Likes

My first jm album bought on the recommendation of my aged 16 years, older brother. He wanted to hear it. :grinning:
I’m glad he did.
RIP jm.

3 Likes

I bet Alan Partridge would say would that be ‘The Best of Blondie’.

2 Likes