What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

John Mayall - 1966 - Blues Breakers (The Beano Album) -Label - Decca - OG Vinyl.

This is the debut studio album by John Mayall & the Bluesbreakers produced by Mike Vernon. Album cover photo features L-R John Mayall, Eric Clapton, John McVie and Hughie Flint.

RIP John Mayall.

25 Likes

Breakfast on BBC R3 FM where we have just heard Nick Drake’s mother singing Breakfast at Braddenham Woods and possibly accompanying herself on piano, in a home recording. Then Drake with Day is done.

The orchestrated songs of Nick Drake will feature in tonight’s Prom we are told, live on R3.

4 Likes

John Mayall

The Turning Point

Edward

13 Likes

Richard Hawley,first listen and sounding pretty good,haven’t heard anything else by him,I know I’m a bit late to the party,but will have to backtrack now to the rest of his catalogue.

16 Likes

@Lorro…. Living in Sheffield I have been huge fan of RH for a very long time.

His back catalogue is quite extensive and worth exploring. The two titles I would recommend to start with are Coles Corner & Trueloves Gutter both available on CD, a little more difficult to find on vinyl.

Edit. IMOP the one you already have In This City They Call You Love is up there with his best.

ATB Graham.

8 Likes

Thanks Graham,finding myself in Huddersfield on Friday visiting relatives,so will be calling in at Vinyl Tap,will search out those titles .

2 Likes

Good luck…G

1 Like

Herbie Hancock - Fat Albert Rotunda (1969). Herbie puts the funk in R&B on this somewhat underrated album. I guess the Cosby connection doesn’t help these days.

13 Likes

CD7 - Great April 1983 broadcast with guest soloist Charlie Mariano.

9 Likes

The Four Tops - 1968 - Greatest Hits - Label - Motown - OG Vinyl.

RIP Duke Fakir.

15 Likes

John Mayall - Nobody Told Me
RIP

14 Likes

Led Zeppelin - II

33 Likes

U.F.O.

Lights Out (2024 Remaster)

Edward

8 Likes

24 Likes

Oh dear, I hadn’t heard but was playing some live JM earlier.
RIP

13 Likes

Would be cool if you also lived in NDS, Cheers! :wink:

South African acapella trio The Soil…

4 Likes

Queen - A Night At The Opera

27 Likes

Rush - 2112

20 Likes

Carpenters, love songs. :smiling_face:

14 Likes