What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Very much enjoying this second album from Red Clay Strays

3 Likes

Linkin Park | The Hunting Party | 2014
Something to blow away the cobwebs, nü metal with knobs on, tempting me to get out Hybrid Theory after this…

5 Likes

“I don’t think I have ever done anything quite like this before”:Pat Metheny on the mythology around improvisation, and how a reconfigured baritone guitar compelled him to discover a “another universe” on new solo album MoonDial

9 Likes

Enjoying on Vinyl
The Greatful Dead - Aoxomoxoa

12 Likes

This arrived this weekend… pretty interesting. Not been over produced (that’s not a criticism!) so isn’t necessarily an easy listen, but definitely gives you a taste of Blur live.

Blur: Live at Wembley Stadium

8 Likes

In the Twilight (The Royal Academy of Music Bicentenary Series) - Cassandra Wright / Harry Rylance

First listen of this new release after enjoying another Bicentenary release, Voice, by Hadewych van Gent.

Added a few more older Bicentenary Series releases to the queue as well now!

5 Likes

Verrrry nice @Tabbycat. Still my favourite Dead album after (counts on fingers!)…er…since 1969!

3 Likes

Linkin Park | Hybrid Theory | 2000
Back to their debut album which sold over 13 million copies.

5 Likes

AC/DC - High Voltage - CD (1976)

16 Likes

Great album and In a sentimental mood contains probably my favourite Coltrane solo.

14 Likes

It’s like a comfort blanket :heart:

28 Likes

George Harrison - Gone Troppo, from the Dark Horse box set. Widely panned at time of release, but I enjoy it. He would do much better for his final album.

8 Likes

13 Likes

Various – Life Moves Pretty Fast. (The John Hughes Mixtapes)
CD|2022

Enjoying CD1 of 4. Fun listen.

5 Likes

Rêverie (The Royal Academy of Music Bicentenary Series) - Anna Im / Chiao-Ying Chang

Continuing to enjoy releases from the Bicentenary Series.

10 Likes

Paisley Underground rockers The Long Ryders - 10 - 5 - 60

7 Likes

Inspired by @Tabbycat the other day, here’s the other half of this superb album!
The Name of This Band is Talking Heads.

16 Likes

May as well pop this on, before I put the box away

George Harrison - Cloud Nine.

12 Likes

My favourite album of the year so far, just so musical and good.

1 Like

Pablo 2LP.

6 Likes