What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Now Playing…

Mark Knopfler - One Deep River

Mark Knopfler (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Vocals), Danny Cummings (Percussion), Emma Topolski (Vocal), Glenn Worf (Double Bass, Guitar, Bass Guitar), Greg Leisz (Acoustic Guitar, Lap Steel Guitar, Pedal Steel), Guy Fletcher (Harmonium, Mellotron, Recording, Synthesizer), Ian Thomas (Drums), Jim Cox (Hammond Organ, Piano, Wurlitzer Piano), John McCusker (Fiddle), Mike McGoldrick (Uillean Pipes, Whistle), Richard Bennett (Bouzouki, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar) and Tasmin Topolski (Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (192/24)… kicking off this morning with Mark’s latest release, April 11th, and he and the band are sounding mighty sweet!

18 Likes

The live version of My Immortal from the O2 gig, on the 20th Anniversary Edition of Fallen is a very powerful version.
Evokes an emotional response from me every time I hear it. The next hearing is coming up in just 2 tracks time…:face_with_peeking_eye:

1 Like

Moved on to this - pretty good

3 Likes

And then to Leon Bridges - brilliant

12 Likes

John Lee Hooker: The Healer

Another classic that I played to death on CD when it was first released.

24 Likes

Really haven’t been feeling music for a few weeks now, lots of work, travel etc and whilst it’s usually a great escape, occasionally find just caught in a loop where nothing hits the spot.

Anyway, couple of days off and a few next week and enjoying the sun with some tunes from A Tribe Called Quest, People’s Instinctive Travels and the Paths of Rythm, will be followed by We Got It From Here, Thank You 4 your service.

Preceded by Tony Allen, There is no End.

2 Likes

Sting - The Soul Cages - CD (1991)

14 Likes

Isaac Albeniz. Iberia. 1973. 2X Vinyl box set with 16 page 12" booklet. Well recorded.

" Iberia is a suite for piano composed between 1905 and 1909 by the Spanish composer…" WIKI.

5 Likes

Fabulous

9 Likes

Cooled off significantly here with the appearance of a firm breeze from the north.
As a result I have returned to the Cabin to finish off my session before cooking.
Carrying on the ‘Classic Albums’ theme with Fleetwood Mac: Rumours

28 Likes

The Raconteurs | Consolers Of The Lonely | 2008
Earlyish Jack White with the Raconteurs doing some fine rock.

12 Likes

Andrew Marlin - Witching Hour

4 Likes

Ministry Of Sound The Chilled House Session / 2009 MOS / UK CD x 3 / MOSCD200

6 Likes

Diane Birch - Flying On Abraham, a nice addition to her body of work.

8 Likes

Kate Bush | Aerial | 2005
One of the very few days where it’s actually felt like summer up here so, I’m getting Kate out to play this lovely double album. Hard to believe it will be twenty years old soon.

24 Likes

More weather report, Mysterious Traveller.

10 Likes

Elton John - Madman Across The Water.

20 Likes

Live Flamin Groovies - Slow Death Live

5 Likes

Sting - Ten Summoners Tales - CD (1993)

20 Likes

2 x LP - Decca 2014 : )

David Sanborn - saxophone
Bobby Hutcherson - vibes
Joey DeFrancesco - organ, trumpet
Billy Hart - drums

Recorded at Ocean Way Studios, Hollywood CA

Album Released on June 24, 2014 via the Blue Note label and was Hutcherson’s final studio album released before his death in 2016

Highly recommended vinyl, superbly recorded and mixed by Frank Wolf and Wesley Seidman, excellently mastered by Bernie Grundman :+1:

<<>>

David Sanborn was born on this day in 1945

born on 30th July 1945 in Tampa, Florida :us:

(died May 12th 2024)

7 Likes