What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

RUSH: Grace Under Pressure

Well it was inevitable that some RUSH was coming up. Haven’t played this particular record in a very long time. Streamed it and played the CD, but not the Vinyl.
Just given it a good clean and sounding simply wonderful😊

12 Likes

Always sounds incredible the energy in the recording is amazing
The Stooges - The Stooges

15 Likes

Jimi Hendrix Experience - Are You Experienced

30 Likes

Sun Electric - 1993

Everyone enjoying the sun?

3 Likes

Strange how this sometimes happens. When they first started, I thought they were kind of cool. Then I couldn’t be bothered for years and now I am having them on repeat this summer.

Go…. Go…. Penguin :penguin:

5 Likes

The Beatles - Yesterday And Today - CD (1966)

58 Years ago, The Beatles started a five week run at No.1 on the US album chart with ‘Yesterday…And Today’, the group’s 8th No.1 album. Issued only in the United States and Canada, the album is remembered primarily for the controversy surrounding its original cover image, the “butcher cover” featuring the band dressed in white smocks and covered with decapitated baby dolls and pieces of meat.

15 Likes

It’s simply too hot to stay out in the Cabin, so decamped back to the house and the coolest room in the house.

Wings: Band on the Run
Sounding mighty fine on the Lounge MuSo, which is a fabulous bit of kit😊

21 Likes

Enjoying a little laid back viberay…

9 Likes

A great tour I saw them that year in London it was without doubt one of the very best gigs I ever saw We all had a lot of fun.

Rush - Hemispheres - 1978

Couldn’t resist after seeing @QuickSticks post.

14 Likes

…Ah, but your always supposed to play A Farewell To Kings first before Hemispheres @Anonymoot :roll_eyes:
Still, it’s a fabulous album, so we can overlook this infraction this time…:wink:

3 Likes

Kate Bush - Hounds Of Love - CD (1985)

Happy :birthday: Birthday - Kate Bush 30/07/58 - 66 today!

Kate Bush, UK singer, songwriter, who had the 1978 UK No.1 single ‘Wuthering Heights’ (at the age of 19). Her 1985 UK No.1 album ‘Hounds Of Love’ spent 52 weeks on the chart. In 1987, she won a Brit Award for Best British Female Solo Artist, and in 2002 an Ivor Novello Award for Outstanding Contribution to British Music. Bush was appointed Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (CBE) in the 2013 New Year Honours for services to music.

32 Likes

Evanescence: Fallen 20th Anniversary Edition

20 years old makes it a classic in my book😉

12 Likes

Pat Metheny - MoonDial

I was wondering what to play and searching through this thread I noticed several people were listening to this. Found on Qobuz. What a fine album it is too. But then it is Pat after all.

10 Likes

T Rex - Get It On - 1974

A recent ‘loft stash’ find :+1:

10 Likes

Know what you mean. I’m slightly battle weary after my Her Madj-o-thon recently, but time is the healer :rofl:

1 Like

:rofl:

1 Like

The emotive influence of music just brought home to me hard.
I’ve just read about the incident in Southport and as I finished reading the BBC report My Immortal played and I found myself in tears :sob:

5 Likes

Evanescence - Anywhere but Home

Joining Simon with some Evanescence, but here they are live. The album is spoilt by too much audience noise, especially in the quieter passages.

8 Likes

Clairo – Charm
CD|2024

Indie pop. First listen and enjoying.

4 Likes