What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Thanks for explaining and the picture of temptation.

1 Like

Now Playing…

Vijay Iyer - Compassion

Vijay Iyer (Piano), Linda May Han Oh (Bass) and Tyshawn Sorry (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… after noticing that Vijay, Linda May Han O and Jeremy Dutton will be performing at this fall’s Seattle Earshot Jazz Festival, I am continuing on this morning with this February 1st release from Vijay and they are sounding sublime!

4 Likes

Debut album from 10,000 maniacs. The sound of a band finding its feet, searching for its identity. Only 2,000 pressed on release apparently, this isn’t one of them. Great to hear a young Natalie Merchant & some reggae. Vinyl.

6 Likes

Bobby Britt - Alaya

First listen of this album. Not sure how I found this or whether it was posted here. Very good so far though!

Bill Frisell - Unspeakable

Bill Frisell has released a number of albums of Americana music, which although ok, can sound rather MOR to my European ears. This album on the other hand really cooks. There’s some really fine creative (and funky) stuff on here.

6 Likes

Popped up as a band that opened for ZZ top, so thought i would give them a spin, not bad.

4 Likes

They often are!

1 Like

It’s often stated that originals are better. Not always, sometimes they are, sometimes they’re not!

In a Feat frame of mind so what better than Sailin Shoes to kick the evening off. Warners vinyl. Not sure how I ended up mit ein German pressing, must have been after a 1970s house share. Still sounds vital to my ageing ears.

16 Likes

Dire Straits - On The Night, spinning the expanded double disc from last years live box set.

12 Likes

One of his best for me :+1:

Sparks - No 1 In Heaven - CD (1979)

8 Likes

1997 Classic Records vinyl, sounding stunning:

25 Likes

Sounding fabulous on Vinyl on this hot :fire: evening with a cold beer
ELO - On The Third Day

12 Likes

Life goes past too fast, and we have not been to a concert for too long. We almost saw Gregory Porter at the RAH, but covid torpedoed that.
Fast forward, it popped up on facebook that Julia Fordham is on tour this Autumn. Booked tickets for the Apex in Bury St Edmunds for-me and the wife, £67 inc donation, bargain.

5 Likes

on CD. As time goes by so this album rises in my estimation. Such a joyful sound.

16 Likes

I have the Demon Records reissue of a lost soul gem - wonderful on vinyl and on Qobuz.

6 Likes

ELO - Eldorado - CD (1974)

Joining @Tabbycat with ELO

17 Likes

His wonderful debut. Vinyl.

11 Likes

Time for some sophistication:

Emil Gilels - Beethoven Donate

Bren a while since I’ve last played this.

9 Likes