What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

71Vj1fsaMAL.AC_UL480_FMwebp_QL65

5 Likes

Now Playing…

Ketil Bjørnstad and Anneli Drecker - A Suite of Poems

Ketil Bjørnstad (Piano) and Anneli Drecker (Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… sitting down with a bowl of banana, blueberries, strawberries and yogurt and kicking off the day with Ketil and Anneli and they are sounding sublime! Album based on a number of hotel poems sent to Ketil from the Norwegian-Danish author Lars Saabye Christensen. One beautiful album…

5 Likes

Steely Dan countdown to ecstasy / 2011 Geffen / Japan SHM CD / UICY25036

And in all my travels
As the facts unravel
I’ve found this to be true

17 Likes

Seconds Out sounding mighty fine at full blast.

G

12 Likes

Grateful Dead - Blues For Allah
CD|1975

2019 Hybrid SACD reissue.

15 Likes

Very apt words, it’s been a funny few days, listening to the Dan, seems to put things back into perspective.

Gary

1 Like

Wishbone Ash. 1972. One of my wife’s. I like it a lot.

" The album features a blend of progressive rock, folk, and hard rock, and is considered a landmark album in the progression of twin-lead guitar harmonisation" WIKI.

16 Likes

Steely Dan - The Royal Scam - CD (1976)

24 Likes

Not the new release of this magnificent album, but rather my copy bought way back then, (A4/B3/C3/D3).
I remember that it was on TV, though I can’t remember what show it was, but I assume it must have been The Old Grey Whistle Test? Anyway my dad liked it, which came as a bit of a shock to me!

8 Likes

Greatest Out-takes Abum of all time? Qobuz hires 2021 remaster sounding grrrrreat up to eleven.

G

14 Likes

You do know that I am going to have to put that on now!

2 Likes

“Medieval comedy metal”? Only at Wacken

I give you Feuerschwanz:

3 Likes

‘Animals’ - Pink Floyd

Remixed version is superb - and less snap, crackle and pop on the vinyl than I remembered.

23 Likes

This:

From this box set:

9 Likes

JJ Cale anthology to get the weekend started. On CD.

16 Likes

Seal - Best 1991 - 2004

13 Likes

The Smiths…Best

12 Likes

Young was on a great run at the time & Zuma is a cracking album featuring some great guitar. Cortez being an absolute highlight. Often wonder if the pencil/charcoal drawing cover was inspired by Dylan’ Planet Waves? Used to buy every Young album until I couldn’t keep up with his release/rerelease schedule. Vinyl.

21 Likes

Sounding great with a cold beer
Stevie Ray Vaughan And Double Trouble - Texas Flood

27 Likes

Leeds finest and what a lovely box set. Gill was such a great guitarist.

4 Likes