What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

London Grammar - The Remixes

6 Likes

Sounding great .

10 Likes

Baden Powell – Apaixonado

In 1973 BP takes us on a journey from an old city (Casa Velha) in ten songs to the sea (Brisa do Mar).

His father was a fan of the Boy Scouts just in case you were wondering.

From the current Qobuz Sale @BertBird it’s time to go through the same old stuff again.

5 Likes

THE KURT WEILL ALBUM

Joana Mallwitz

Symphony No. 1 “Berliner Sinfonie”
Die sieben Totsünden
Symphony No. 2

Katharine Mehrling
Konzerthausorchester Berlin
Joana Mallwitz

In a meaningful dialogue with her orchestra and weaving fine individual performances into a seamless musical whole, Mallwitz cleverly combines Kurt Weill’s two symphonies, the “Berliner Symphonie” and the “Fantaisie symphonique”. The conductor refers to them as “fantastic, exciting music firmly rooted in Berlin”.

9 Likes

Got this MPS (famous German label) CD today. Recorded in NYC in 1970, it features amazing SQ, extreme virtuosity from Osc android accompaniment from Sam Jones on bass and Bob Durham on drums.

5 Likes

‘Peaches - the very best of The Stranglers’ - The Stranglers

Really naff cover art for such a great band, which is especially undeserved given the quality of the tracks across 2 discs.

12 Likes

Dire Straits - Making Movies

26 Likes

The Wailers - Burnin’.

13 Likes

I am sure you will approve - Enjoy the sun and music
Green On Red - Green On Red

7 Likes

‘Kings of the Wild Frontier’ - Adam and The Ants

Time to unplug the jukebox. Have a great weekend all.

15 Likes

Steve Winrood - Back In The High Life - CD (1986)

18 Likes

Indeed :+1: I do enjoy your photos for the simple reason your records have clearly been enjoyed (played). YouTube in particular has any number of contributors who spend more time protecting and exhibiting their precious vinyl than actually playing it.

2 Likes

Imelda May - Mayhem.

12 Likes

Nice to see his out on tour with the Doobies at the moment

1 Like

elbow the best of / 2017 Polydor / EU CD x 2 / Deluxe Edition / 6722606

12 Likes

Bruce Springsteen -Lucky Town.

14 Likes

Faye Webster – I Know I’m Funny Haha
CD|2021

indie pop/rock

4 Likes

Bob_Dylan_-_Planet_Waves

I know many think he can’t sing but a song like Going, Going, Gone on here shows what a great singer of his own songs he’s been. Great to get The Band back in harness.

15 Likes

20 great tracks from master tapes,so well recorded.

12 Likes

Slightly different angle for the picture today. Realised I was wearing the matching shirt!

Caligula’s Horse - Charcoal Grace

3 Likes