What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Tina Turner - Foreign Affair.

12 Likes

‘Oxygene’ – Jean Michel Jarre

Should be watching the Olympics I guess :yawning_face:, but decided to opt for a glass or Bordeaux and Monsieur Jarre this evening. Now, if only he was running in the 800m!

15 Likes

PLIW500

Played these at work today helping SWMBO out in her Charity Cafe

9 Likes

I bought some CDs from Discogs a while ago, was told they were part of Kenny Wheeler’s own collection (will keep them anyway)
Recommended !!! - one of my favourite albums !

Kenny Wheeler (t) (flug)
Lee Konitz (s)
Bill Frisell (g)
Dave Holland (b)

8 Likes

Qobuz HiRes.

7 Likes

Radio Paradise Main Mix with track info

1 Like

Goldfrapp - Black Cherry - CD (2003)

12 Likes

Dory Previn - Live At Carnegie Hall

From 1973 - despite being dumped by Andre for Mia Farrow she came through and wrote “Beware of Young Girls” for them.

Carole King meets Randy Newman - Hey! Dory Previn turn her up to eleven.

4 Likes

One of my favourite artistes, although my favourite lyric is probably I have flown to star etc on bent and battered wings,(Mythical Kings)

2 Likes

Bedtime Tunes:

Fish: Vigil In A Wilderness Of Mirrors 2024 Remix

5 Likes

There is really only one word one can use and that is, phenomenal. Sublime live performance and sounds fantastic on DSD128.

17 Likes

The Obsessed : Gilded Sorrow. Qobuz 96/24

Really enjoying this new one from Wino and the boys, some great stonery doomy rock. Well worth a whirl if you like that sort of thing (which I do).

3 Likes

51h8-a0jWuL.AC
Brand X - Morrocan Roll.

7 Likes

Closing out with a bit of Toto - IV, Africa… takes me straight back to the 80s

15 Likes

Arthur ‘Big Boy’ Crudup - My Baby Left Me… But That’s Alright: Rockin’ Rhythm & Blues 1943-1954 Plus
CD|2024

8 Likes

King Hannah, big swimmer. :smiling_face:

6 Likes

Plus, of course, the brilliant, Is This the World That We Created? (Mercury/May), which was performed so beautifully and poignantly at the end of Live Aid.

10 Likes

everything but the girl worldwide / 1992 blanco y negro / Germany CD / 9031765832

10 Likes

Hi Geoff! I don’t know where my CD copy is but it was a constant presence in my listenings while going up and down europe in those days…

2 Likes

I hadn’t realised until Tom McKinney mentioned it this morning on BBC R3 that this piece is a hoax. It’s not a baroque piece written by Tomaso Albinioni, but a 1950s creation by Remo Giazotto, possibly based on a bass line, which might have been written by Albinioni.

6 Likes