What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Midnight Oil Bird Noises

7 Likes

Beware apart from this being the same stuff that has appeared year after year after year…

I have noticed on a lot of the stuff that Qobuz are a bit naughty they’ll give you, say, 30% off which sounds great. But what they do is jack the up front price up so what you pay as a discount is the same price as it was before the Download Fest.

Despite above there are some bargains to be had. Don’t worry if you miss them the same stuff will be around next year.

3 Likes

61W-eVkosVL.AC_UY436_QL65
Ewemon’s posting of a new Joe Ely took me back to one of my favourites of his.

4 Likes

Joana Mallwitz / Konzerthausorchester Berlin
The Kurt Weill Album

Joana is actually one of THE stars in the German classical scene. So I thought to give her new album a try. And I love it, the SQ is really good and it shows a special harmony. Perfect start in a new week, helps to bare the side effects of Covid :v:I am not a big classical expert but I would say that this is a great Deutsche Grammophon work.

10 Likes

Another classic album from Charley Crockett. Not sure has ever made a bad album.

2 Likes

Tony Bennett & Lady GaGa - Cheek To Cheek - CD (2014)

3 years ago 05/08/21, Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga played the second of two sold-out shows at Radio City Music Hall in New York City. It was Bennett’s last ever performance, a week later the 95-year-old singer, who was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease in 2016, announced he was retiring from performing.

7 Likes

This sounds fabulous cranked up loud. Really visceral.

G

15 Likes
6 Likes

Live in the 300 series active age sounds more live. It really does.

G

9 Likes

Sweethearts of the Rodeo - 1986 - Sweethearts of the Rodeo - Label - Columbia - OG Vinyl.

This is the debut album from Janis Oliver & Kristine Oliver (Sweethearts of the Rodeo) The sisters recorded for Columbia between 1986 & 1991 releasing four albums & twelve singles.

There is some beautiful harmonies on this contemporary rock - tinged country album think female Everly Brothers.

6 Likes

The Move - Message From The Country - CD (1971)

8 Likes

Mirrors on the ceiling and pink champagne on ice (I am on holiday).

G

26 Likes

Another one from the Oliver sisters.

This one from 1988 which includes a cover of the Beatles “I Feel Fine.

2 Likes

Sounding great - David Bowie - Hunky Dory

26 Likes

LP - ECM 2010 reissue : )

Chick Corea - Return to Forever

<>

Chick Corea - electric piano
Joe Farrell - flutes, soprano saxophone
Flora Purim - vocal, percussion
Stanley Clarke - basses
Airto Moreira - drums, percussion

Recorded at A&R Studios, New York City in February 1972

<< >>

Happy Birthday Airto Guimorvan Moreira! :birthday: :partying_face:

born 5th August 1941 in Itaiópolis, Brazil :brazil:

A Brazilian jazz drummer, composer and percussionist. He is married to jazz singer Flora Purim, and their daughter Diana Moreira is also a singer. Coming to prominence in the late 1960s as a member of the Brazilian ensemble Quarteto Novo, he moved to the United States and worked in jazz fusion with Miles Davis, Chick Corea, Weather Report, Santana, …and quite a list of others.

13 Likes

Finally got time to myself for the first time since Saturday.
Made my way to the cabin for a short session (maybe 2 hours 45 minutes if I’m lucky).
Gone for my favourite Bowie.

David Bowie: The Rise & Fall Of Ziggy Stardust & The Spiders From Mars

29 Likes

We are all prisoners here of our own device :grinning:

2 Likes

Glen Campbell - Gentle On My Mind : The Best Of Glen Campbell - 2013 - Vinyl.

It’s Glen Campbell…Nothing else to say.

16 Likes

Lovely Bach - Sacred Cantatas Volume 8

7 Likes

Double Sunflower - The Beach Boys.

1991 CD & 2012 HDCD.

7 Likes