What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Bedtime Tunes:

Sting: Ten Summoner’s Tales

18 Likes

The Oscar Peterson Trio - Night Train.

18 Likes

Thanks for the advice. It’s a bit naughty if the typical ‘Sale’ prices are not necessarily genuine, however I’ll mostly only buy albums that I really like and perhaps are around £7-£8.

Case in fact; I also purchased Keb’ Mo’s eponymous album (a banger imho) for IIRC £6.29. Only issue is the 24/192 version whilst showing in my purchases isn’t wanting to download via Qobuz Downloader for some bizarre reason. No sweat, a job for tomorrow evening lol. :grinning:

2 Likes

Enjoying…

Drive-By Truckers | ‘The Complete Dirty South’

Listened a couple of times on my AirPods whilst doing a few chores over the weekend and enjoyed enough to give it a proper ‘spin’ tonight.

A good collection of toons but mostly struck by the pithy and earthy lyrics which tell various stories of hardship, survival, and tragic tales in the Deep South.

Nicely recorded, with jangly guitars but plenty of room for the memorable vocals. Quality. :grinning:

Too many quality tracks here to pick a stand out/favourite.

Sublime…
Qobuz 24/96
ERA-1s

9 Likes

Nancy Sinatra, boots. :smiling_face:

12 Likes
8 Likes

Mine too - an intimately recorded live album that never tires. Sublime…

1 Like

Eden Brent – Getaway Blues
CD|2024

4 Likes

Cristina Vane, nowhere sounds lovely. Really liked it, thanks! It is Cristina without “h”. :smiling_face:

4 Likes

Attention to detail. :slight_smile: I’m used to the way my sister spells it. Thanks, corrected!

No worries. Have a good evening / night. Going to listen to Eden later as well. Thank you! :blush:

1 Like

Skip James – Skip James Today!
CD|1967

1988 reissue.

5 Likes
4 Likes

Great album. Shame her solo career never took off.

2 Likes

Stevie Nicks - Bella Donna - CD (1981)

Released 43 years ago today 06/08/81 her first solo album ‘Bella Donna’ which contained four top 40 US hits. ‘Stop Draggin’ My Heart Around’, with Tom Petty, ‘Leather and Lace’, with Don Henley, ‘Edge of Seventeen’ and ‘After the Glitter Fades.’

15 Likes

On CD:-

Holst - Cotswolds Symphony - Ulster Orchestra - JoAnn Falletta

10 Likes

A lot rate Burgers as their best but I love this album.

Jorma Kaukonen’s guitar playing is top notch throughout.

All the tracks are solid 1973 gold.

Hot Tuna - The Phosphorescent Rat

3 Likes

Fleetwood Mac: Rumours

22 Likes

Paul Desmond Take Ten / 2010 Columbia / EU CD / 88697694582

Paul Desmond Alto Saxophone
Eugene Wright, Gene Cherico, George Duvivier Bass
Jim Hall Guitar
Connie Kay Drums

7 Likes

Be Bop Deluxe: Futurama