What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

This is fantastic and to think it wasn’t released until 10 years the event. From 1965 with Lee Morgan and Jack DeJohnette.

Jackie McLean - Jacknife

IMG_9275

11 Likes

Free. Fire and Water. 1970. Sadly I don’t own this copy.

Astonishing from four teenagers.

19 Likes

Pink Floyd

The Dark Side Of The Moon Vinyl LP 50th Anniversary 2023

Now this is much better, very happy with the sound quality of this version.

Edward

27 Likes

Now Playing…

Chris Stapleton - From A Room: Volume 2

Chris Stapleton (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Vocals), Dave Cobb (Acoustic Guitar, Percussion), Derek Mixon (Drums), J.T. Cure (Bass, Upright Bass) and Morgane Stapleton (Tambourine, Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this morning with Chris and he and the band are sounding mighty sweet!

13 Likes

Michael Franks The Camera Never Lies / 1987 Warner / US CD / 255702

5 Likes

Pal Judy by Judy Nylon, One of THE great underratted albums, on original ROIR cassette to give the Nak a bit of a workout…

6 Likes

Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin - CD 2 disc Deluxe Edition (2014)

21 Likes

Thuringer Bach Collegium - Pietro Antonio Locatelli: Sei Introduttioni teatrali, Op. 4

4 Likes

Johnny Thunders & Patti Palladin - Copy Cats

3 Likes

Great lineup @AndyP :+1:

1 Like

Bess Atwell - Light Sleeper. Released earlier this year, Bess is a new artist to me and this is a lovely album. Produced by Aaron Dessner from the National.

3 Likes

Incognito No Time Like The Future / 1999 Takin’ Loud / UK CD / 5389472

4 Likes

Pink Floyd

Wish You Were Here - Vinyl

Again I am very happy with the sound quality of this album.

Edward

22 Likes

Gary Brooker - Lead Me To The Water.

5 Likes

Tropical Duke…

8 Likes

Last Exit - Iron Path

On Virgin Records Venture label - tip just buy everything you can get hold of on the Venture label.

Last Exit, the powerhouse supergroup

Peter Brötzmann - saxophone
Ronald Shannon Jackson - drums
Bill Laswell - bass
Sonny Sharrock - guitar

IMG_9277

8 Likes

Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin II - CD 2 disc Deluxe Edition (2014)

22 Likes

IMG_2304

Jake Xerxes Fussell - When I’m Called. Jake’s latest release and it’s another gem.

5 Likes

Rain In The Summertime - The Alarm.

Guilty pleasure time. Finally found a decent copy of this, their 3rd long player, on vinyl.

Released in 1987, during the period where the cracks in the band were starting to appear. Mis-management and internal wrangles about album contributions led to this great album failing to get the traction it deserved. One of the questionable decisions was to delay its release. The problem was that in that waiting period a certain Irish group released The Joshua Tree. Need I say more.
Great songs and playing, produced by John Porter with some jiggling by Miles Copeland.
The follow up , “Change”, again showed signs of song craft but also of becoming stale. “Raw”, their final effort (with the original lineup) was just to see out a contract.
The Alarm were a powerful live band I had the joy to see three times back in the day.
Sadly, singer Mike Peters, is bravely continuing his battle with the big C and thoughts are with him and family.
Eddie and Sharpie are doing some “duo” dates up North in the coming months to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the release of " Declaration", where it all began.

7 Likes

Rickie Lee Jones.

22 Likes