What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

I thought he was in Broadstairs but Ramsgate it is I guess. Great that he chose to retire amongst us !

1 Like

Again…

6 Likes

Years since I’ve played this,great stuff.

2 Likes

The late great Elmore James

9 Likes

In an Elmore James mood.

10 Likes

Deadmau5 - w:/2016ALBUM/

6 Likes

I’ll see your Elmore James, and raise you a Tommy Tucker. :+1:

614+zGbWYAL.AC

9 Likes

A lovely album from the mercurial Jackie Leven.

11 Likes

What a lovely job they have done for the Tone Poet LP - sound great, replica Transition booklet and insert notes by the late Michael Cuscuna. Unlike Transition, the pressing is not Styrene and the labels remain fixed to the LP !

8 Likes

Yeah agreed, after two it started to spiral, i mean, how many albums can you call Seal x, last I saw was 5 I think. I bought the remastered boxed version of the first album, was damned expensive, but just liked it so much first time round.

1 Like

One of my pet hates is the need for certain radio stations (I’m looking at you 6Music) to tell you the ‘meaning’ of every song they play (“This one is about the difficulty with drunk friends “ etc) instead of working it out for yourself. What I loved about Seal’s first album is that I couldn’t quite work out individual words let along song meanings so it has this mysterious air to it

3 Likes

Dave I raise you this.

7 Likes

That’s me going all in with William Bell, the writer of “Born Under a Bad Sign”.

6 Likes

4 Likes

14 Likes

Another Tone Poet release from Poppa Lou.

6 Likes

Haven’t listened to this for a while! CD rip via Core…

15 Likes

12 Likes

Italian Renaissance Lute Music

6 Likes

11 Likes